You are not logged in.

#26 2022-04-28 08:53:53

ro2778

Re: Dear forum members and visitors

DarkOwl wrote:

I’ve noticed there are once regulars to this forum who have disappeared and I want to know why.

I'll respond to this because I used to be very active but now I spend very little time here. There are many reasons for this, and this forum is by no means the only place I spend less time, I also never visit R369s private server anymore, I never visit mainstream media and I'm almost entirely off social media. I was never intererested in Discord communities.

In part, it's because I'm busier offline as I now have 2 children, the latest born in January.

I returned to my favourite hobby which is playing badminton.

I have been engineering a change to how much time I devote to employment, which ironically required a significant time investment over the last 6 months. That process is nearly complete and is also why I'm a little more active at the moment because I'm away from my family while I organise a new place for us to live in a new location. I'm moving us from a city to the beach!

In general, I'm looking for a slower pace of life with less conflict and less toxicity of all kinds. Sadly, there is a lot of toxicity - from my perspective - in this community, much of it derived from agent Luk and his dopplegangers, and I don't think all of his group's characters get banned, he/they are more subtle than people give them credit, which is something I learned from analysis of IP addresses when I was a moderator here. They use VPNs, but occasionally slip up and I was astounded to discover sometimes his group has full on arguments with each other exhibiting quite different personalities.

I generally don't like the endless back and forth style chats over minutae between any members. I used to enjoy such debates, even the odd argument but now it's not compatible with who I am anymore. I feel like that sort of interaction tires me out. In a way I've become a lot more selfish with my time because I feel like I have to take care of myself and I don't waste energy on conflict. These days I'm more focused on having fun and being happy!

#27 2022-04-29 09:59:32

Bigfeet_E

07wideeyes wrote:

Greetings Bigfeet

Hey m8 o/

#28 2022-04-30 01:19:28

Cocreatr

DarkOwl wrote:

A wiki is one of the best ideas I've heard for a while! Great idea!
Something along the lines of Lisa Renee's 'Ascension Glossary' perhaps. We just need to find the right person to do it (big job!)

As far as the evolution of the forum goes, the tech side is out of my purview. There was the idea to move to NodeBB at one stage but it's not something I'm familiar with. FluxBB (which is what this forum uses) has been around for a very long time and has it's limitations but works well for basic posting. Perhaps this needs to be revisited.

A wiki is a big job indeed, and a great way to co-create a knowledge base.  It may be a meaningful step along the DIKW spectrum (data, information, knowledge, wisdom) leading to taking action and gaining experience, building wisdom to apply in future.

Before committing to big projects, I like to learn the limits of working with what we have, taking my own frustrations as a guide and go experiment. 

Search function limitations for example, like when searching for more than one word. These were brought up also in the Web & App Development Forum https://forum.swaruu.org/viewtopic.php?id=2471

Findings: Public search engines offer a functional workaround. For example,

Forum: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=“dan+winter”+ … ia=website

Transcripts: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=“zero+point+e … org&ia=web How to focus on transcript and exclude forum results?

Blog: found no way to focus public search, so using the single word search and check each result on https://www.swaruu.org/en/blog?author=1

Anyway, not having the focused search result present upfront leads to additional context, learning opportunity, and risk of distraction. Inviting the reader to keep personal priorities in mind.

To me, public posts and forum reflect a past, with little editing.  If searchable, I am fine with it. Out of this material, with a lot of editing and moderation, a wiki may aim to distill re-usable knowledge for future wisdom.  What value do we hope at this time to add for this community?

Reference: https://wisdomjunkie.blog/2017/04/25/di … of-wisdom/

☀️ What looks foolish at first may be genius in another context. Or vice versa. Always test
☘️ Everyone is a beginner at something. All rights reserved to know more tomorrow than today.

#29 2022-05-01 17:43:57

DarkOwl wrote:

I’ve noticed there are once regulars to this forum who have disappeared and I want to know why.

It's been months since I've posted here. One particular string of threads (some of which were quickly deleted) was personally offensive to me and after an unpleasant confrontation that was completely pointless and a big ugly spike in my blood pressure, I realized I would be happier not participating here and so far, that has been true.

I still look in on things here and there. For instance, during the recent PK blow-up and Gosia being away from YT for a week, I came here to figure out what was happening. I found those threads helpful.

For the most part though, I don't have so much time to spend reading about things I already understand. It's rare that I don't understand the information in Gosia's videos and it's also been rare that I could be of help to anyone here. (Obviously, Robert369 is all over that.)

I wish everyone here well and of course, anyone who wants to can reach me via email.

The road appears when you need it.

Board footer