You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-03 01:08:25

Proscribed sites and individuals

Many of the bigger forums have a thread on proscribed individuals and sites.

They are so listed due to:
Lies
Self-interest
selling snake oil
instilling fear or a hostile presentation

any listing would include a reason

Examples would include listing multiple sites owned by one individual that is selling click bait material. 

Realrawnews.com for example posts click baity article and have no counterparts that backup the claims in their articles.  And it is part of a ring of sites owned by the same person

To remove the possibility and appearance of bias any such calls get made after numerous documented instances and general knowledge of site users and staff. 

In the case of the ufology and awakening movement or however you want to call or classify it there are individuals that give out bad information. There are other individuals that may be known within the community as bad eggs so to speak, but newcomers to the movement have no clue. 

Is that approrpiate here on this site to have such a list?  Probably.  It helps guarantee that folks avoid bad information as we grow in our bases of knowledge.  Too much of what we know is internal and not shared much if at all.  It is vitally important that we help folks learn by steering them away from bad information sources.

Cosplayer and prop/costume maker.  Taking cutting edge tech and making science fiction into real life with mostly movie accurate builds.

#2 2022-07-03 08:37:33

DarkOwl

Re: Proscribed sites and individuals

It's best to avoid telling people who they should or shouldn't listen to as it takes away an opportunity for them to develop discernment.
The various players in the field get discussed here from time to time but a list would be too definitive and would only be someones opinion.

I hear your concern though. I feel for newbies coming into the field. It's a minefield, with some very shady and deceptive people vying for their attention!

Most experiences are unsayable, they happen in a space that no word has ever entered    Rainer Maria Rilke

#3 2022-07-03 21:10:39

Re: Proscribed sites and individuals

DarkOwl wrote:

It's best to avoid telling people who they should or shouldn't listen to as it takes away an opportunity for them to develop discernment.
The various players in the field get discussed here from time to time but a list would be too definitive and would only be someones opinion.

I hear your concern though. I feel for newbies coming into the field. It's a minefield, with some very shady and deceptive people vying for their attention!

That is the point.  Like a short synopsis, this is what to look for this is what to avoid.  It is more to help the newbies...

Cosplayer and prop/costume maker.  Taking cutting edge tech and making science fiction into real life with mostly movie accurate builds.

Board footer