You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-15 01:59:10

Calendar Systems, summarized with links

Calendars and timelines

https://cdli.ucla.edu/file/publications … 16_001.pdf

This is a nice summary of the conflicting months of Girsu, Umma, Ur, Drehem and Nippur and others as years started differently and months were named the same in some systems which named their calendars after their cities/countries. 

Typically months were defined by moon phases.  The calendars were customized to their pagan/cult activities in part so each city/locale was different.

https://cdli.ox.ac.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=ur_iii_calendars

These were more or less adopted in the Bronze age 3300-1200 BCE in conjunction with commonality and development of writing.

These are the Sumarian/Babylonian calendars which are the earliest:

Drehem month names:
a2-ki-ti, "Akitu". The month of the New Year’s festival. The sixth month before Shu-Suen’s third year, and during that year. The seventh month following Shu-Suen’s third year (click here for all Drehem texts mentioning this month)
ezem-an-na, “Festival of heaven“ (click here for all Drehem texts mentioning this month)
ezem-maḫ, “Lofty festival” (click here for all Drehem texts mentioning this month)
ezem-(d)me-ki-gal2, “Festival of Mekigal“ (click here for all Drehem texts mentioning this month)
ezem-dnin-a-zu, “Festival of Ninazu“ (click here for all Drehem texts mentioning this month)
ezem-dšu-dsuen, “Festival of Šu-Suen“ (click here for all Drehem texts mentioning this month)
ezem-dšul-gi, “Festival of Šulgi“ (click here for all Drehem texts mentioning this month)
ki-siki-dnin-a-zu “Weaving-place(?) of Ninazu” (click here for all Drehem texts mentioning this month)
maš(2)-da3-gu7, “Gazelle Feast“ (click here for Drehem texts mentioning this month)
še-sag(11)-ku5, “Harvest“. Month 12 before the reforms in Shu-Suen's 3rd year. Not used in Shu-Suen year 3. Month 1 in the years following Shu-Suen 3 (click here for Drehem texts mentioning this month)
ses-da-gu7, “Piglet Feast“ (click here for all Drehem texts mentioning this month)
šu-eš(5)-ša, "…". Month 8 before the reforms in Shu-Suen’s 3rd year (click here for Drehem texts mentioning this month)
u5-bi2(mušen)-gu7, “ubi(bird) Feast“ (click here for Drehem texts mentioning this month)
diri, “Extra (month)“; the abbreviated designation for the 13th month was not employed in Drehem

Nippur month names
bara2-za3-gar, "…". (click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month)
gu4-si-su, "…". (click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month)
sig4-ga, "Brick". (click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month)
šu-numun, "Sowing". click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month)
NE-NE-gar, "…". (click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month)
kin-dinanna, "Work of Inanna". (click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month)
du6-ku33, "Shiny mound". (click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month)
apin-du8-a, "Loosening the plough". (click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month)
GAN-GAN-e3, "…". (click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month)
ku3-SZIM (var. ab-e3), "…". (click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month, and click here for Nippur texts mentioning the variant month name)
udruduru5, "…". (click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month)
še-sag(11)-ku5, "Harvest". (click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month, and click here for Nippur texts mentioning the variant writing of this month name))
diri, "Extra". (click here for Nippur texts mentioning this month)

Ur month names
še-sag(11)-ku5, "Harvest". (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month, and click here for Ur texts mentioning the variant writing of this month name))
maš(2)-da3-gu7, “Gazelle Feast“ (click here for Ur texts mentioning this month)
ses-da-gu7, “Piglet Feast“ (click here for all Ur texts mentioning this month)
u5-bi2(mušen)-gu7, “ubi(bird) Feast“ (click here for Ur texts mentioning this month)
ki-siki-dnin-a-zu “Weaving-place(?) of Ninazu” (click here for all Ur texts mentioning this month)
ezem-dnin-a-zu, “Festival of Ninazu“ (click here for all Drehem texts mentioning this month)
a2-ki-ti, "Akitu". The month of the New Year’s festival. The sixth month before Shu-Suen’s third year, and during that year. The seventh month following Shu-Suen’s third year (click here for all Drehem texts mentioning this month)
ezem-dšul-gi, “Festival of Šulgi“ (click here for all Ur texts mentioning this month)
šu-eš(5)-ša, "…". Month 8 before the reforms in Shu-Suen’s 3rd year (click here for Ur texts mentioning this month)
ezem-maḫ, “Lofty festival” (click here for all Ur texts mentioning this month)
ezem-an-na, “Festival of heaven“ (click here for all Ur texts mentioning this month)
ezem-(d)me-ki-gal2, “Festival of Mekigal“ (click here for all Drehem texts mentioning this month)
diri ezem-(d)me-ki-gal2 us2-sa, “Festival of Mekigal“ (click here for all Ur texts mentioning this month)
diri, "Extra". (click here for Ur texts mentioning this month)

Girsu month names
Umma month names
še-sag(11)-ku5, "Harvest". (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month, and click here for Umma texts mentioning the variant writing of this month name))
sig4-geši/u3-šub-ba-gar, "Brick placed in the mold". (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month, and click here for Umma texts mentioning the variant writing of this month name))
še-kar-ra-gal2-la, "Barley is at the quay". (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month)
nesag, "First fruit (offerings)". (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month)
dal, "Flight". (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month)
šu-numun, "Sowing". (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month)
min-eš(3), "Double sanctuary". The seventh month before Amar-Suen's 7th year, and after Shu-Suen's 2nd year (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month, and click here for Umma texts mentioning the variant writing of this month name))
ezem-damar-dsuen, "Festival of Amar-Suen". The seventh month in the Umma calendar from Amar-Suen's 7th year to Shu-Suen's 2nd year. (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month)
e2-iti-6(diš). "House Month-Six". (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month)
dli9-si4, "Lisi". (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month)
UR, "…". Month 10 before Shulgi's 30th year. (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month)
pa4-u2-e, "Pa-u'e". (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month)
ddumu-zi, "Dumuzi". (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month)
diri, "Extra". (click here for Umma texts mentioning this month)

Irisagrig month names
šu-gar(-gal)
gešapin
kir11-si-ak
ses-da-gu7
ezem-dli9-si4
ezem-a-bi
gi-sig-ga
ezem-dšul-gi
nig2-den-lil2-la2
ezem-a-dara4
nig2-e-ga
ezem-an-na
še-sag(11)-ku5
diri

Sumarian Calendar (Third Dynasty of Ur) aka Umma Calendar of Shulgi

Abandoned after middle bronze age

Egyptian Calendar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_calendar
Solar civil calendar
365 day year, divided into 4 seasons 120 days each, and an intercalaary month of 5 days outside of the year, each month had 3 10 day periods known as decades, it lost one day every 4 yers relative to gregorian calendar.
origins about 3000 BC but generally uncertain
egyptian lunar calendar used before the civil calendar, each month began on the waning cresecent could no longer be seen, divided into 4 weeks freflecting each quarter of the lunar phases, definition of morning is still speculated, prior to 400 BC observations were used to establish it.  It was used well into the Roman period (30 BCE)  Documentation and form is a matter of scholarly debate.

The coptic calendar or alexandrian calendar was used until september 11 1875 where the gregorian calendar was adopted , the prior ancient egyptian (lunar) caldendar was replaced in the middle ages.  The years and months coincide with the Ethiopian calendar but names and numbers all differ.

Assyrian Calendar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_calendar
http://www.aina.org/releases/20120221025652.htm
In the old Assyrian Calendar the Assyrian year began on the Vernal Equinox, which falls on March 20/21 in the Gregorian Calendar (the Vernal Equinox begins at a slightly different time each year).

The first month of the Assyrian year is Neesan (April).

The epoch for the Assyrian year is 4750 B.C., which is the date of the building of the first temple of Ashur, in the city of Ashur (present-day North Iraq).

In the Gregorian calendar, the Assyrian year is 4750 + the Gregorian Year. Example: 4750 + 2012 A.D. = 6762 Assyrian Year (A.Y.).

This is true if the date is after April 1, before that the year is one less (i.e., 6761). This is because the Assyrian year begins on April 1. For modern Assyrians, April first is assumed to mark the beginning of the new year.

Month    Gregorian Name    Assyrian Name
1    January    Kanoon Treyana
2    February    Eshwat
3    March    Adar
4    April    Neesan
5    May    Yar
6    June    Khzeeran
7    July    Tammuz
8    August    Tabakh (Ab)
9    September    Eelool
10    October    Tishrin Qamaya
11    November    Tishrin Treyana
12    December    Kanoon Qamaya

Hindu/Sikh calendar
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/rel … 044253.cms
It was created by King Vikramaditya in 57BCE

Vikram Samvat Months
Chaitra or Chait (March–April)
Vaisakha or Baisakh (April–May)
Jyaistha or Jestha (May–June)
Asadha or Asar (June–July)
Sravana or Sawan (July–August)
Bhadrapada or Bhadra or bhadau (August–September)
Asvina or Asoj (September–October)
Kartika or Kartik (October–November)
Agrahayana or Mangsir (November–December)or Maghar
Pausa or Paush (December-January
Magha or Magh (January-February)
Phlguna or Phaggun (february-March)

365 days and a leap day every 3 years.

Hebrew Calendar:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_calendar
month added every 23 years to correct differenace of lunar year of 12 lunar months and solar year.  11 days shorter than solar year and uses 19 year metonic cycle to bring it inline with the solar year
Name    Abbreviation    Translation    English day
Yom Rishon (יום ראשון)    יום א'    First day    Sunday
Yom Sheni (יום שני)    יום ב'    Second day    Monday
Yom Shlishi (יום שלישי)    יום ג'    Third day    Tuesday
Yom Revii (יום רביעי)    יום ד'    Fourth day    Wednesday
Yom Hamishi (יום חמישי)    יום ה'    Fifth day    Thursday
Yom Shishi (יום שישי)    יום ו'    Sixth day    Friday
Yom Shabbat (יום שבת)    יום ש'    Sabbath day    Saturday
Ecclesiastical/
Biblical    Civil
1    7    Nisan    30    Mar–Apr
2    8    Iyar    29    Apr–May
3    9    Sivan    30    May–Jun
4    10    Tammuz    29    Jun–Jul
5    11    Av    30    Jul–Aug
6    12    Elul    29    Aug–Sep
7    1    Tishrei    30    Sep–Oct
8    2    Cheshvan (or Marcheshvan)    29/30    Oct–Nov
9    3    Kislev    30/29    Nov–Dec
10    4    Tevet    29    Dec–Jan
11    5    Shevat    30    Jan–Feb
12    6    Adar    29    Feb–Mar

Julian Calendar
reformed or made in 45BCE

Months (Roman)    Lengths before 45 BC    Lengths as of 45 BC    Months (English)
Ianuarius    29    31    January
Februarius    28(Cmnyrs)
In intercalary years: 23 if Intercalaris is variable 23–24 if Intercalaris is fixed    28 (leap years: 29)    February
Intercalaris (Mercedonius)
(only in intercalary years)    27 (or possibly 27–28)    —    —
Martius            31    31    March
Aprilis            29    30    April
Maius                    31    31    May
Iunius            29    30    June
Quintilis (Iulius)31    31    July
Sextilis (Augustus)29    31    August
September            29    30    September
October            31    31    October
November            29    30    November
December            29    31    December
Total    355 or 377–378    365–366    365–366

Gregorian Calendar
Introduced to refine Julian Calendar in 1582 (now defacto calendar in use)

A year is divided into twelve months
No.    Name    Length in days
1    January    31
2    February    28 (29 in leap years)
3    March        31
4    April        30
5    May        31
6    June        30
7    July        31
8    August    31
9    September    30
10    October    31
11    November    30
12    December    31

Year    Country/-ies/Areas
1582    Spain, Portugal, France, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Italy, Catholic Low Countries, Luxembourg, and colonies thereof
1584    Kingdom of Bohemia, some Catholic Swiss cantons
1610    Prussia
1648    Alsace
1682    Strasbourg
1700    Protestant Low Countries, Norway, Denmark, some Protestant Swiss cantons
1752    Great Britain, Ireland, and the "First" British Empire (1707–1783)
1753    Sweden and Finland
1873    Japan
1875    Egypt
1896    Korea
1912    China, Albania
1915    Latvia, Lithuania
1916    Bulgaria
1917    Ottoman Empire
1918    Russia, Estonia
1919    Romania, Yugoslavia
1923    Greece
1926    Turkey (common era years; Gregorian dates in use since 1917 Ottoman adoption)
2016    Saudi Arabia

Conversion from Julian to Gregorian dates
Gregorian range    Julian range    Difference
From 15 October 1582
to 28 February 1700    From 5 October 1582
to 18 February 1700    10 days
From 1 March 1700
to 28 February 1800    From 19 February 1700
to 17 February 1800    11 days
From 1 March 1800
to 28 February 1900    From 18 February 1800
to 16 February 1900    12 days
From 1 March 1900
to 28 February 2100    From 17 February 1900
to 15 February 2100    13 days
From 1 March 2100
to 28 February 2200    From 16 February 2100
to 14 February 2200    14 days

Country        Start numbered year on 1 January    Adoption of Gregorian calendar
Roman Empire        153 BC   
Denmark    Gradual change from 13th to 16th centuries:
Papal States        1583    1582
Holy Roman Empire (Catholic states):
                   1544    1583
Spain, Poland, Portugal:1556    1582
Holy Roman Empire (Protestant states):
                    1559    1700
Sweden            1559    1753
France            1564    1582
Southern Netherlands:    1576    1582
Lorraine                1579    1582
Dutch Republic        1583    1582
Scotland                1600  1752
Russia            1700    1918
Tuscany            1750    1582
Great Britain and the British Empire except Scotland:
                    1752  1752
Republic of Venice    1522    1582

Cosplayer and prop/costume maker.  Taking cutting edge tech and making science fiction into real life with mostly movie accurate builds.

#2 2022-10-15 02:04:21

Re: Calendar Systems, summarized with links

Given the video on the whole timeline and time and years are off discussion.  I thought that going through the calendar systems used through times might help give a clearer picture of things.

So far all I can conclude is it is only recently that we developed and accurate solar calendar.  Before that it was luna solar calendars and before that it was slightly abritary but a division of 12 months was a commonality of development, however, the number of days in each month, the leap year month and days placed were differing. 

I tried to do a cursory gathoring of all the major known calendars.  So please add anything I missed.

Cosplayer and prop/costume maker.  Taking cutting edge tech and making science fiction into real life with mostly movie accurate builds.

#3 2022-10-15 18:57:27

Thinking on it more.  If we had Tiamet.  What if Tiamet added a random variable or a set variable to the orbits around the sun regarding earth?  What if that caused the calendars back then to be accurate as a solar calendar?

So really this begs a question, if the passage of years marked as solar orbits is a changing target so to speak, really what is time?  How old are things, really?

#4 2022-10-15 19:10:19

naringas

knoxvilles_joker[... wrote:

How old are things, really?

oh I know! infinitely old.

because time has two sides, the past and the present, and 'all things' are unbounded on both sides.

Last edited by naringas (2022-10-15 19:10:33)

#5 2022-10-15 20:36:44

naringas wrote:

because time has two sides, the past and the present, and 'all things' are unbounded on both sides.

I think this is the temporal manipulation to which the swaruus alude to.  Time is an elusive contruct.  It moves sooo slow when we are young yet is soo fast when we are older.  Our preconceptions determine the passage of time is a way to say it.  Not sure if there is a better way to say it that or not.  Like when our frequencies are higher everything moves slower, i.e. faster reflexes and what not.

#6 2023-01-08 20:22:05

Diamond with Oppenheimar project, he also runs leak project as well.

He dropped some information showing that a mayan city was setup on a 260 day calendar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGGlOjPMnYE

I almost think that pre floot pre destruction of tiamet we were in a different orbit, or we were in an erratic orbit...

#7 2023-01-09 02:06:56

Yankee

knoxvilles_joker wrote:
naringas wrote:

I think this is the temporal manipulation to which the swaruus alude to.  Time is an elusive contruct.  It moves sooo slow when we are young yet is soo fast when we are older.  Our preconceptions determine the passage of time is a way to say it.  Not sure if there is a better way to say it that or not.  Like when our frequencies are higher everything moves slower, i.e. faster reflexes and what not.

I have noticed my perception of the passage of time changing in repeatable ways. When someone films me doing something dangerous that I have to concentrate intensely on, the video shows me doing it faster than I remember it happening. Also, a person speaks slower when I look at him than when I look away, including when I watch a youtube video of a person speaking. I was watching one and the speaker's cadence kept speeding up when I looked away, and I had to look at and away from it ten times because I couldn't believe what was happening.

#8 2023-01-13 20:08:28

Yankee wrote:
knoxvilles_joker wrote:
naringas wrote:

I have noticed my perception of the passage of time changing in repeatable ways. When someone films me doing something dangerous that I have to concentrate intensely on, the video shows me doing it faster than I remember it happening. Also, a person speaks slower when I look at him than when I look away, including when I watch a youtube video of a person speaking. I was watching one and the speaker's cadence kept speeding up when I looked away, and I had to look at and away from it ten times because I couldn't believe what was happening.

I wonder, if this is a temporal manipulation test we can use to vet out fellow star seeds...

#9 2023-01-14 02:35:13

nextdream

I was just talking about this whole thing on a different forum. About the changes in the calendar and for example the New Year changing from March 25 when we moved from the Julian calendar.

BTW did you know about January 1 reinstalling our Male Genital Mutilation Trauma Program? I just posted that up also:
https://forum.swaruu.org/viewtopic.php?pid=28601#p28601

We live by something called a 7 day week which the Romans implemented (I think this was arbitrary and only for purposes of commerce) bringing us out of a lunar cycle and into a solar cycle. Those names all reflected it until the Anglo-Saxons decided to replace some planets with Norse gods. Today this calendar (and banks) will destroy any nation who tries to oppose it.

#10 2023-01-14 06:14:35

Yankee

knoxvilles_joker wrote:

I wonder, if this is a temporal manipulation test we can use to vet out fellow star seeds...

I'm just an Earth human as far as I know. I think it must be an attention thing that any real people do. So maybe a way to identify unreal people? I've heard people describe it with the example of driving and time slowing down to give them time to maneuver to avoid an accident. But unless someone has a dash cam or something to compare, I think it frequently escapes people how much time slowed for them.

#11 2023-01-15 21:41:54

Jupiter 9

I stumbled upon this site while I was googling about mayan astrology a few years ago. 

https://lawoftime.org/

They advocate for switching from the Gregorian calendar to a new 13 moon/28 day calendar.

https://lawoftime.org/wp-content/upload … rogram.pdf

The 13 Moon calendar is a universal reflection of perfect harmony appearing in virtually
all human cultures - Mayan, Druid, Egyptian, Chinese, Inca, to name a few.

This calendar is a function of the natural Law of Time. The Law of Time says energy
factored by time equals art. T (E) = Art! Time is Art, while art is actually a function of
consciousness expressing itself.

The Law of Time has functioned since the beginning of time. It has been previously
unconscious - but is now being made conscious through you!

Stop and think about it. A calendar is a programming device, right? Well, look at who
programmed this calendar and for what reasons:

More than 2016 years ago, Julius Caesar came up with the idea to gain more power and
to change the Republic into an Empire. The result was the Julian calendar. In 1582 Pope
Gregory XIII "reformed" the Julian calendar to give the conquered Indigenous people a
new time. History is the script written by those who hold the power.

"If you do feel pulled in, to save, protect, others, I would suggest to examine the energy of the “guardian” instead. Not the weaponized guardian, but the guardian like an impenetrable wall energy. No consequences to who tries to trespass, just an impossibility of getting through." - Inelia

Board footer