You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-02 05:08:31

SW

Insulin resistance? Asking for help.

So... I've stopped eating wheat and sugar for maybe a couple of days now. This morning I nearly blacked out.

I dunno whether it was a coincidence or not, but I'm nervous and I'm not feeling very well. Regardless, let's suppose I have some degree of insulin resistance and now can't get enough of it. I do need that, right?

How do I confirm if that's the case, and, more importantly, what do I do? Should I continue to keep away from wheat, should I eat lots of other things like eggs, meats and vegetables, or should I introduce some wheat/sugar back in my diet?

Any input will be greatly appreciated, since I'm terrified whenever something is happening to me. I wish I could just go back to sleep.

#2 2022-12-02 10:23:40

Happy

Re: Insulin resistance? Asking for help.

What you describe is obviously the effects of a successful sugar-restriction. There's a ton of good sites on the internet describing this. I just searched it with the key-words "sugar cravings" and "sugar abstinence." Symptoms, challenges and different programs came up - really good stuff. My advise: Be kind to yourself in a wise way. smile

Discuss the message, not the messenger.

#3 2022-12-02 11:27:39

SW

That might be it. Thanks for pointing it out, in my panic, I didn't even consider that possibility. I'm not entirely convinced, but it's much better than worrying myself to death.

It's not even seem that significant after this emotional event had uncovered a massive trauma I haven't felt for a while now. In a way, maybe death would have been preferable. At least I know death can fix it, I'm not sure how I can do that otherwise.

#4 2022-12-02 22:19:31

Baby step.  Baby steps.

Half this stuff you can not go cold turkey on.  You have to ramp down.  You change one thing for the better for a few weeks, then change another.

You do things cold turkey and things can get ugly. 

For example.  I can't even drink soda anymore it literally makes me ill.  Then I gave up all forms of caffeine 3 months ago and now I can't even have a sweat tea. 

Once you purge sugars from your diet, once you reach a point of complete removal, your body...changes.   

I can tell you this as part of the purging process you will feel ill and bad, and that is your body processing all the toxins stored in fat, but it is not a simple night and day process.  It is a path and process that takes time.

Cosplayer and prop/costume maker.  Taking cutting edge tech and making science fiction into real life with mostly movie accurate builds.

#5 2022-12-03 07:02:10

Edith_S

Hi SW

I usually ask a few questions before recommending any supplements, but for starters I suggest to using a simple method which I highly effective in helping the glucose and fat metabolism.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a … 11415#fig3     study description

This study is dedicated to those that have to sit a lot due to their activities. Good for seniors as well.
In this case only acting a single muscle could help reducing the glucose imbalance with 50%  with sustainable results.

The exercise consist of sitting with your soles completely on the floor, and then moving the calf muscle by :
-lifting the heels together or alternatively
-rolling the feet and lifting the toes too, together or alternatively

and this was done for 4.5 hours daily, of course with some breaks.

Only half of this time could bring also positive results !!!

OK, now the questions:

- have you done a Glycosylated Hemoglobin test (Hb1Ac)? What's the value?  If not, please do it, simple blood glucose can vary too much
- also, a homocysteine test too see the B vitamin status and overall inflammation

Diet is very important - I was obese and inflamed a long time ago and I adopted the paleo diet and took curcumin powder.
Physical exercise like taichi and qi gong was also on the menu.

OK, now awaiting your response I wish you well...I know how scary things could be...but there's always a way out.

PS listen to the first speaker about liver cleansing here (and don't be afraid that word c....):
https://stopcancernaturally.com/5day/

Last edited by Edith_S (2022-12-04 03:52:12)

The Situation Is Hopeless But Not Serious, Paul Watzlawick

Board footer