You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-13 22:09:04

Jupiter 9

Mari Swaruu: Thoughts on Karma and Dharma (English) ☯️

"If you do feel pulled in, to save, protect, others, I would suggest to examine the energy of the “guardian” instead. Not the weaponized guardian, but the guardian like an impenetrable wall energy. No consequences to who tries to trespass, just an impossibility of getting through." - Inelia

#2 2023-03-13 23:33:09

Rocketmidget

Re: Mari Swaruu: Thoughts on Karma and Dharma (English) ☯️

Good stuff mari. Imo karma is trash. It will keep you in some crazy swaruu cycle trying to repair every mistake? No thanks.
Not that what happened with the swaruus was wrong or bad or anything...it brought them to us an we are eternally thankfull.

Maybe I'm wrong who knows..it feels like a trap to me personally.

#3 2023-03-14 00:24:16

Scott Summers

Great video.

Karma is optional.

You cannot accept the idea that you can change your past, and yet in the same breath, hold onto the concept of karma.

Swaruu was not crazy in trying to “repair every mistake”. It’s called perfecting the art of revision (to use Neville’s expression).

Most people will not understand this. Just like they will not understand what makes Horowitz or Heifetz so legendary.

All those countless hours of practice and repetition on their instrument. Absolutely crazy to those who do not understand greatness.

To be truly great, it takes a special journey that many will never understand.

That is why every single Swaruu is so unique.

“If it were so easy, everyone would be doing it.” - John McLaughlin

Last edited by Scott Summers (2023-03-14 00:29:37)

#4 2023-03-14 01:49:59

StarDeity
Banned

Karma doesn't have to be negative ok..

#5 2023-03-14 11:16:41

mitkobs

Real karma is what we are as personality fragmentation with limited knowledge and what detrimental we do to ourselves because we do not realize what is better, what is really good for us. The self inflicted suffering consequence from our actions. Whatever that might be. You put your hand in the fire and you burn yourself. If you knew that sole action will cause you so much pain you will not put your hand in the fire.

Last edited by mitkobs (2023-03-14 11:17:44)

#6 2023-04-08 16:51:03

okcs

"If you give yourself to others in service, soon there will be no one to serve others as you will end up collapsing in exhaustion serving those opportunistic others that exploit your good intention. In this case it would be convenient to create communities where people who are truly into a service to others mentality will be able to serve one another in a state of co-operation, with everyone looking into the needs of others, who in turn hold no intent of exploitation, and will re-attribute the first like so, and with communities, I don't necessarily mean people who can live together as in a village, although that too would be great." (at 8:00)

This passage, probably a description of how a holistic society works, reminded me of thigs I learned in my religious youth. The last time I read or believed in the Bible or books of Mormon theology was about 2007, so my memories of it are a bit rusty, but it's strange how there is a correlation between what was aspired to in religious texts, and the possible description of how a holistic society works.

The Book of Mormon gives a supposed 1000 year history of an ancient South American civilization, it is 600 pages. For about 300 of those years, the history is described in about 3 pages because nothing of consequence happened; everyone shared everything, and there were no rich and poor among them because they "had all things in common,", meaning they all just shared everything, and everyone was just happy.

The early Mormons tried something similar, but called it the "United Order" where basically everyone took their excess goods (which then was mostly livestock and food), to the church official who then distributed it among those that needed it. It lasted for about ten years and then was abandoned, with the idea that maybe when Jesus comes again they will be righteous enough to get such a system to work again.

Mormon religious books describe the proper economic system as "every man having the interest of his neighbor". There is one passage of the Bible that says "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." Google any quotes for the exact reference.

I have read the apocryphal Book of Enoch, but it was too long ago for me to remember what was in it. Mormon lore suggests that because the ancient City of Enoch had people who were so righteous, and had "all things in common", the whole city was basically just transplanted into heaven, kind of like how Protestants view the "rapture".

I am sure there must have been some hippie communities in the 1970s that must have had something similar. 

Does anyone know of any other references/experiences to this way of living?

#7 2023-04-08 17:09:20

mitkobs

Here such system of mutual services on good will simply is not going to work because people are not ready to be selfless. Or with another words with selfish people this will not work. And selfish people will pretend that they are selfless to fool others and live on their back for free as long as they can. Some will work hard for the common good, others will avoid the work and that will create sooner or later such distrust, annoyance and division and everything will be ruined. And is very difficult to find really quality people and to know they are for sure without having some kind of proved detection technology or to have telepathy and to sense others if they are sincere or not and what are their true intentions.

Last edited by mitkobs (2023-04-08 17:10:29)

Board footer