You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-08 10:43:03

DarkOwl

Secure Messaging Apps

Does anyone know of a good, open source, private, secure, messaging app that does groups as well?

An alternative to all the usual suspects.

Thanks smile

Most experiences are unsayable, they happen in a space that no word has ever entered    Rainer Maria Rilke

#2 2021-10-08 11:43:57

Robert369

Re: Secure Messaging Apps

DarkOwl wrote:

Does anyone know of a good, open source, private, secure, messaging app that does groups as well?

An alternative to all the usual suspects.

Thanks smile

From what I saw, there are many software pieces out there, and I wouldn't even know them all.

Also note that since I run a server with various pieces of communication and group software, I found that there are very few truly free pieces for e.g. a plain chat server and the ones that I saw have many limitations, or are of a "limited trial type" for otherwise truly expensive offers.

Yet, your question is too vague really to know what you seek:

• Which platform do you intend to use and how much maintenance effort can you handle ?

• What reliability level do you seek, starting with automated rollbacks or backups up toredundant servers ?

• And for how many users, which means that the software may or may not need to be able to run on a distributed environment ?

• What security features do you seek, as that will directly influence what users that can join ?

• What kind of "messaging" do you seek, as that means pretty much everything thinkable including text, voice or video ?

• And what functions like simply today's fakebook's linear chat style, a somewhat structured environment like Discord or Telegram ? Or even, since I prefer proper structures, or a modern forum style with unlimited structuring options while offering an integrated group chat tool ?

Also, please be aware that "open source" does not imply "cost free" or "Cabal free", for which there are many examples.

If you wish to look at some example environment, I invite you to my private server where various software for this is already running.

Last edited by Robert369 (2021-10-08 17:54:44)

Helping people to self-empower and liberate themselves, and by that ultimately the whole planet and beyond. See my profile for means to connect.

#3 2021-10-08 17:47:25

Re: Secure Messaging Apps

GFORCE NETWORK.

A lot of Gosia's followers have accounts there already.

Board footer