You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-22 18:38:59

Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection

I have an innate lucid dreaming ability that was dulled by years of heavy cannabis usage which I have recently quit. I have had a few genuine astral experiences that were positive in the past, but I have not mastered these abilities to use them effectively and at will. I am making this thread to exchange techniques, knowledge, and information on the subject with the intent of applying what I learn to cultivate these abilities. I am very serious about this.

Anyone who has experience in these areas, I would like to know what works for you and how, and any recommendations or considerations you could share on the subject.

Here is what I know:

I know that I have had the best success and most intense astral experiences in the past (without consciously trying to) through a lucid dream state rather than waking meditation. I know that regular meditation does help cultivate these abilities, and that detoxification and activation of the pineal gland and third eye chakra is important. I am aware of a handful of crystals that are purported to help, and I have examples of most of them, though I am still in the process of figuring out which ones personally work best for me and how to best apply them.

Thanks in advance

-Crystal Dragon

righteously indignant

#2 2021-11-22 19:07:23

Robert369

Re: Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection

What I can tell you about my own experiences probably is not what you wish to hear, but "a technique" isn't quite what I use but rather intention, focus and willpower to make my night sleep that which I wish it to be.

This usually starts with emptying my mind, actively relaxing any and all of my body, and then enabling the energy flow through myself, after which I usually focus on regeneration, healing, rejuvenation and manifestation needs. If so desired, I also add questions and other topics that I desire answers to, which I then will be given in a dream, but I can also simply request "nice stories" or specific ones - in which I keep up my focused state and if disliking what is shown to me e.g. say "bah, that's a bad story, let's dream something else".

Sorry, but I cannot see how anything external would help you in this endeavor, because there is nothing external - especially not during dreaming, as you basically leave your body behind.

Helping people to self-empower and liberate themselves, and by that ultimately the whole planet and beyond. See my profile for means to connect.

#3 2021-11-22 21:16:01

Albert

There are two over the counter supplements I have used to enhance my dream state; Valerian Root extract, and Galantamine. I have been using Valerian root on and off for at least 20 years, often when I decide that I want a ‘more’ vivid dream experience that night. I saw ‘more’ because without it my dreams are still very real, often more real than waking reality. I have had what I have personally called ‘hyper reality’ dreams for at least 25 years, possibly closer to 30. Galantamine is something relatively new to me, a bit under 2 years. It can, but not necessarily does, take dreaming to another deeper level with greater ability for recall. For Galantamine I suggest starting with 4mg and max out at 8mg, often 4mg is plenty. Do not take just before bed, like Valerian root, take it at the early morning hours if you wake to use the toilet.

That said, it is important to retire with a clear head - and I totally agree with what Robert wrote above about emptying your mind first. I do not to watch TV an hour before retiring since whatever thoughts I have can be the basis for the dreams. Meditation, reading, listening to tranquil music, all help to sooth the mind. If I am obsessing over something then I find that I better pass on the supplements. A very important note, it is vital that when taking Galantamine that you retire with neutral or positive thoughts. Negative thoughts get amplified and can lead to horrific nightmares. I was warned about this before I started to experiment with it and found it to be very true.

I do not take the above regularly as I simply do not need them to have vivid dreams. As a matter fo fact I will likely not purchase more of either when I run out as my sleeping, and dream state, so to speak, has evolved significantly in recent years. But, sometimes I just want to have fun and take my valerian root and say to myself, ‘I wonder that adventures are in store for me tonight’ smile

Last edited by Albert (2021-11-22 21:19:18)

“Truth never fears scrutiny” - Albert J Valentino

#4 2021-11-28 02:00:51

pete

Crystal Dragon wrote:

I have an innate lucid dreaming ability that was dulled by years of heavy cannabis usage which I have recently quit. I have had a few genuine astral experiences that were positive in the past, but I have not mastered these abilities to use them effectively and at will. I am making this thread to exchange techniques, knowledge, and information on the subject with the intent of applying what I learn to cultivate these abilities. I am very serious about this.

Anyone who has experience in these areas, I would like to know what works for you and how, and any recommendations or considerations you could share on the subject.

Here is what I know:

I know that I have had the best success and most intense astral experiences in the past (without consciously trying to) through a lucid dream state rather than waking meditation. I know that regular meditation does help cultivate these abilities, and that detoxification and activation of the pineal gland and third eye chakra is important. I am aware of a handful of crystals that are purported to help, and I have examples of most of them, though I am still in the process of figuring out which ones personally work best for me and how to best apply them.

Thanks in advance

-Crystal Dragon

Hi Crystal Dragon,

I too am interested in mastering these.

For starters, I'd appreciate it if someone more experienced could explain clearly what are the actual differences between a lucid dream, astral projection, out of body experience, and third eye vision.

I've had most of these (I think), but usually seldom and quite randomly over the years, so wouldn't be able to explain the difference clearly.

As for attemtping to master these, I gather in the beginning you would usually use some sort of a crutch that works for you, until eventually you can do away with the crutch and enter these states intentionally (as in with intention / resolve).

The key for these states seems to be reaching what is called the hypnagogic state - your body is so realxed that it is essentially asleep, while your mind is still and aware. It's often pointed out that at this point, the brainwaves slow down into an 'alpha, delta' etc patterns.

Out of all the crutches out there that could get you to this state, it seems that binaural beats are the most accessible - just put your headphones on, sit back and relax. Many people seem to swear by them. Many also say that this works best for them very early in the morning - e.g. 4am (assuming you went to bed around 10pm), because at this point a lot of favorable circumstances come together: it's quiet, you likely won't be distrubed, you already slept and are rested, but you didn't sleep quite enough so it's easy to drift off back into sleep, while your brain is still full of natural dreaming checmicals and it is easy to slip into a dream state.

I have a weird crutch that seems to work almost 100% for me - go to bed and put on a couple of extra blankets. You fall asleep, but the heat soon jolts you into the hypnagogic state. The downside - you wake up all sweaty. So, I'm on the lookout for a better crutch smile

I've also heard about people holding something in their hand while falling asleep, and as the muscles relax, the object is dropped, which then might jolt you into the hypnagogic state. There are many others, e.g. the rope techique, the rollout technique, the hammock technique, etc. Lots of stuff online.

As you say, I think it's equally important to be immersed into this during the day - so to be interested in it, read about it, remind yourself throughout the day to be aware, set the intention for astral travel before you fall asleep, frequently meditate, and so on. All these things become habitual and eventually start happening in your dreams, without the crutch.

Best wishes for your journeys.

#5 2022-02-25 23:04:02

pete

Crystal Dragon wrote:

I came accross a couple of books by Robert Bruce that seem really good and thought of this tread. I mean, he explains everything really simply, but actually manages to cover a lot and lot of stuff that would actually take decades to piece together from various other sources and traditions. Over the years I've seen other astral projection authors referring to him as the inventor of many astral projection practices, but I never knew he covered energy work and psychic self-defence, which seem crucial for any sort of astral projection mastery and beyond.

I've read these so far, and they seem very good, easy to follow, and you can start implementing things pretty much straight away.

1. Mastering astral projection - a 90 day course.

2. Practical psychic self-defense handbook.

3. Energy work.

All mostly focused on practical aspects. I particularly liked the Energy Work as it seems to cover a lot of stuff that traditional Indian and Chinese energy systems cover, but without all the dogma and weird terminology that would take you years to decipher. And he adds some of his own stuff which is fascinating.

And Practical psychic self-defense was just great - lot of stuff I've never heard before and probably wouldn't be easy to find short of getting possesed yourself.

He also has a book called Astral Dynamics, which I think was his first and goes more into attempting to explain the theory of astral projection, etc, but haven't read that one yet. Anyway, just though I'd share. As soon as I started reading these books, I wished I came accros them earlier as they would've saved me so much time stumbling around on my own.

#6 2022-02-26 20:04:36

AVA

Many years ago, I did a dream experiment ( among others ) with a friend. We each chose a target symbol to send within a dream. The parameters were that we had to dream that we were giving this symbol to the other, and the other had to dream of receiving that same object; ideally on the same day.  And after a few months, we succeeded, in both directions. We are both natural dreamers/psychics and had a strong connection, and vivid imaginations.

Also when I wanted to visit with my dead friend ( I had already had both waking and dreaming contact with him), I lucid dreamed myself to where he was, in a funny dream. He was so surprised, like, “Um, how did you get here? You aren’t supposed to be here!” lol.  Guess I turned the one way bridge into a two way? An interesting thing in that dream, as in many others I’ve had: I had to navigate my car across an impossible bridge with only my mind in order to get to where he was ( yeah, the flying vw bus was thing, lol ). And I had to overcome paralysis and blindness within dreams over and over, until I mastered the ability to out-create the fear of having no “body” to operate or navigate with. Super fun once you get the hang of dreamy superpowers smile

Anyway, as for exercising these “muscles”, what works for me, in addition to setting a very specific goal, is simple repetition - the more frequent, the faster the result. Quiet the consciousness, and at the verge of sleep drop in the suggestion lightly - even nonchalantly - but vividly with imagination to energize it. 

I agree that immersing yourself in a subject during the day will more quickly bring it into your dreams. One tool is to give yourself the suggestion to try to remember to look at your hands or feet, as a trigger to wake within the dream, though I have never used that one. It is the same as what the Swaruus said about “walking through walls” etc. here in this dream within a dream: keep imagining it, picture it, feel it, immerse yourself in the experience to make it real:

Swaruu: Practice going through walls in your imagination. Do it constantly and you will while asleep. I love it. When I'm asleep I'm many times fully aware I'm sleeping and I do all kinds of crazy things. Like going through walls, and throwing my slippers into a swamp as far as I can throw them... after all, when I awaken they will be back next to my bed.

https://swaruu.org/en/transcripts/soul- … taygeta-20

Yazhi:  So you will use what you call today the astral to do what you desire that cannot be done in what you call the real world. Practicing lucid dreaming, controlling dreams, and from there, once you have that mastered, you will see that there is no difference between the dream world and the real world, and you can control everything that happens on both sides. Because there are no both sides.

And as you can pass walls in the astral dream world, you can also pass walls in "reality" because it is the same thing. There is no matter, it does not exist. Those are ideas imposed by unexpanded minds. There is only mind and ideas that come out of it.

The entire Universe is Mind and you are that Mind.

https://swaruu.org/en/transcripts/how-d … zhi-swaruu

Yázhi: How often do you practice astral travel, or conscious sleep?

Gosia: Once every 5 years.

Yázhi: That's the problem. You want to be a marathon runner, when you are still learning how to walk. It is just practice.

As I was describing yesterday, you cannot access that part of your mind while awake. You must go into a trance, deep meditation, that removes the world around your body from your awareness. You remove yourself from your surroundings, and then from that state of perfect stillness, you awaken where you want to be, because in your mind you are there.

So, in training what they should do is wish small, easy things and then practice every day, and just about all the time, getting progressively more complicated.

https://swaruu.org/en/transcripts/telep … al-contact

Last edited by AVA (2022-02-26 20:10:56)

*shiny*

#7 2022-04-05 01:10:12

StevenL

I had my first real lucid dream a few days ago. It was quite an experience. Just as I have read it requires some sort of trigger to make you realize you are inside a dream. After that its fair game. I only managed to have another one but don't recall much more of it. I was severely sleep deprived on both occasions.

I was curious if it is possible to do some form of time travel (knowing that time isn't linear and all) while having a lucid dream?

There happens to be an important but equally mysterious event that took place during a stormy night a few years ago that I was curious to shed some more light on. It is important enough for me to 'warrant' spending time on getting additional clues. I thought after experiencing the lucid dreams, that this place here is as good as it gets to get some pointers in the right directions.

#8 2022-04-07 02:49:22

AwakenedOne

Hello All,

Newbie Member here,
I've never joined or participated in these kinds of forums before, but I' recently felt prodded from within to finally 'take the plunge'
I've got something on this specific subject to share if you'd like to hear it. You may ask me questions if you like-but I'm still exploring myself , so there may be some things I just haven't encountered.

My story [On this particular subject] starts, actually back when I was a child. I frequently would have both vivid nightmares and amazing dreams. When I would get startled or rise awake, on having an amazing dream - I would just say to myself, 'That was awesome, I'm going back in!'. Noone ever told me anything about dreaming so I never thought I couldn't do it I just did it! So, I did that for quite many years - then teenage years approach and all those skills and desires were forgotten.

Fast forward to recent years [probably 10 years ago or more], I had just a thought upon going to bed that I wasn't recalling my dreams anymore or I hadn't had an amazing dream i Remembered upon awakening in years! That spurred me to action, I each night, before going to slumber would first talk to my brain.
"Brain I desire to recall all my dreams in consciously awakened state", then spoke to my spirit/divine, "Isness I am, I desire to dream and recall my dreams in consciously awakened state". Every night-without fail, for months - I did this.

My dreamtime began, to get interesting, and my recall gradually started to return. To help you recall your dream share your dreams in the morning over coffee/tea with an interested friend! You'll be amazed how this helps the 'Observer effect'. because now it is involved in your daily routine/part of your life - not just a "closet" wish or fantasy. Repetitiion of the program is key.

Present day: - I dream every night, I have conscious memory of the nights dream on awakening and often go back in and "correct" outcomes or my actions if I feel I should. I have another story - I'll only mention briefly tonight.

I learned over a 2 year period [Sequentially-every night for 2 yrs.] to levitate then fly - in the dreamtime. I have a complete history/memory timeline of those experiences, just as I do on this conscious lifetime. SO much of what I heard Yahzi Swaruu speak of makes sooo much sense to me and I'd love to have a conversation with here about how I 'Flip the switch' to begin experiencing my known talents on this side of the veil!
___
I hope I didn't ramble on too long...
I genuinely just wanted to share with someone else out there, it gets boring keeping it to yourself, and not having anyone currently to share with.
Thanks so much Gosia - for accepting the journey and Yahzi, I'll look for you in the dreamtime!

Have a great evening all!

"The Power Is In You"
"Knowledge Is Power"
"Just Do It"

#9 2022-04-07 17:17:25

Merri

This is my most recent "lucid" dream. I tend to remember a lot of them... But I don't have any "technique" because...I'm just sleeping.

This dream starts on a hot day: heat waves rising from the desert plains. I was standing in front of this building, looking like a stereotypical cowboy from the movies. These two strangers brought over an American Indian. My stomach turned by the guy's beaten appearance. His swollen face, cracked-busted lip, non-responsive, but still awake. The reason these two men came up to me was that they overheard me boasting about my marksmanship-- I wanted to be a sheriff, and I was courting this young girl.

I knew they were up to no good: bad intentions against me, and I couldn't understand why.

They placed a liquor bottle on top of the American Indian's head and told me with voiceless words, "shoot this bottle, and I'll give you some gold." Shaking a small pouch, I heard the enticing sound that could feed my family's mouths-- probably for a year.

I agreed. The terms were simple enough. All I had to do was shoot the bottle from a distance away.

As I began to aim, a deep voice spoke from behind me. It sounded exactly like Sam Elliot. " I wouldn't do that If I were you."

I went to look over my shoulder, "watch me." Then suddenly, I (the current me) was able to control this cowboy's body. I turned around fully, "who are you?" But no one was there, and nobody responded.

I looked back at the beaten-up guy and felt sorry.

I went over and untied him. His dark eyes penetrated me with confusion as I helped him up.

I heard shouts from behind. Then a loud ear piercing sound. The next thing I see is the American Indian falling onto the dirt.

I raised my gun, but they were already drawn and shot me in the chest.

I saw people rushing toward me, shouting, but all I could hear was ringing in the ears. My vision starts to blur as I watch the two flee.

I staggered a few steps before falling onto my knees. And glancing down, I watched my dirtied white shirt turn into a murky red. Then I was on the floor, and the girl I was courting was gripping my shoulder, shaking me. I smiled at her before everything faded.

Last edited by Merri (2022-04-07 19:02:43)

#10 2022-04-08 00:01:00

Merri

SiO2 wrote:
Merri wrote:

I went to look over my shoulder, "watch me." Then suddenly, I (the current me) was able to control this cowboy's body. I turned around fully, "who are you?" But no one was there, and nobody responded.

Sounds like a tale of self doubt.

Interesting; could you elaborate on that?

The dream starts as a vivid dream before turning into a lucid dream. I didn't become aware until it "clicked." After the dream, I came up with two conclusions: one being more probable than the other, IMO.

One: That the voice was I, my higher self/ past life subconsciousness's voice? Because in the dream, I was a guy. So I, my higher self/ subconscious, should have a manly voice too, yeah?

Two: Someone external was trying to communicate with me. Ended up spooking me instead and leaving; afraid that they might scare me more?

Board footer