You are not logged in.

#26 2022-04-17 03:43:52

Edith_S

Re: What One Song Would You Have Played At Your Funeral?

Merri wrote:
lostsole wrote:

It's not my funeral song, but I sure love this song.

Same here ORYOM - Native Prayer It speaks to me on a soul level<3

Hi Merri,

thank your for contribution with your Native prayer song, much appreciated.

And remembered me another of my favorites, Adiemus: it gives me the feeling of soaring to the skies !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3pDcdbtZ5Q

I actually often  imagined my departure as dissipating into the sunshine and in the dew-drops on the grass - to give thanks to Earth and above.

Last edited by Edith_S (2022-04-17 03:55:04)

The Situation Is Hopeless But Not Serious, Paul Watzlawick

#27 2022-04-17 03:58:48

lostsole

Edith_S wrote:

Hi lostsole,

I listened to your song Sweetest Humility and I like it, congratulations !!

Thanks to your initiative we will end up with a wonderful collection of songs!

I'm so very glad you enjoyed it, thank you! : )

It's funny, I wrote it in the 80's and kept playing with it for ten more years. Finally I felt I had it right enough to send out to the labels. Right around the same time, various aspects of my life fell apart, so, I didn't see things through. But, wouldn't have mattered anyway, because I woke up spiritually at the turn of the century and religious music no longer fit my beliefs. Still, I enjoyed creating the song.

I did remove the link however. If anyone else cares to hear it, I can send that person an email with the link.

Thanks again!

Oh, and yes, I would love to hear more people's forum appropriate songs, funeral or other wise. I'll listen to your new one in the morning when I can listen to it with some volume. Thanks for the contribution!

#28 2022-04-17 15:28:24

lostsole

Edith_S,

That's a beautiful song and indeed it does make you feel as you described! Love the chorus or choir part. Very awesome! I feel like I might have heard it once before, but I have no idea from where. Was it ever used in a movie?

#29 2022-04-17 16:41:48

Merri

Edith_S wrote:

Hi Merri,

thank your for contribution with your Native prayer song, much appreciated.

And remembered me another of my favorites, Adiemus: it gives me the feeling of soaring to the skies !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3pDcdbtZ5Q

I actually often  imagined my departure as dissipating into the sunshine and in the dew-drops on the grass - to give thanks to Earth and above.

Yeah, it reminds me of the Avatar scene where they are riding on those flying animals through the floating rocks and waterfalls.

#30 2022-04-17 18:25:25

lostsole

Merri,

I think you nailed it. That may be the movie I was thinking of but couldn't think of. So, to verify, this is that song, I think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kOBwBhuMQg

So, not the same song but similar in scope for sure.

Board footer