You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-07 22:17:38

Kian369

My dream paradox

I have found a very interesting paradox in my lucid dreams that I would like to share with you.

When I became interested in lucid dreaming I started to ask myself during the day the question "Am I dreaming?" as much as possible. Eventually that spilled over to my dreams. The first time that happened I looked up to the sky and thought "No this cannot be a dream because all of this is too real." but then realized that I was indeed dreaming. So then I came to the conclusion that my dreamworld is just as real to me as the "real" world. What I experience in my dreams is definitely "me" - with the same preferences, desires, and insecurities as I have in real life.

In real life I am unable to walk. My lower legs cannot stretch out due to trauma from an accident I had 5 years ago. The maximum angle of my legs is too large to strand on and I have to use a wheelchair to get around. I also have a damaged inter-vertebral disc causing me a lot of pain while sitting. I really do not like the limitation and pain of this broken body.

Sometimes I dream that I am using a wheelchair like in real life. When that happens my body feels like my body does now and I can remember in my dreams what caused me to be in a wheelchair. However in most of my dreams I have a normal body and no memory of ever being in a wheelchair. This is the paradox. It appears to me that whenever I dream, I experience different versions of "me" each with a different history that does not fit any experience I had in my past or ever can have in my future.

I was wondering if those dreams I have are maybe experiences from other timelines where I did not end up in a wheelchair, and so have no memory of ever been in one.

Last edited by Kian369 (2022-04-07 22:18:47)

#2 2022-04-17 00:42:03

naringas

Re: My dream paradox

Kian369 wrote:

I was wondering if those dreams I have are maybe experiences from other timelines where I did not end up in a wheelchair, and so have no memory of ever been in one.

sure, why not, furthermore from what I understand, some dreams may be such ancient memories that when you experienced those memories originally you might not have even been human or had a bipedal primate bodyshape.

Nonetheless, your current brain usually tries to map those experiences into your own current body shape in some cases with strange dreamy results.

Last edited by naringas (2022-04-17 00:42:50)

#3 2022-04-17 01:38:24

lostsole

First, I'm very sorry to hear about your physical limitations. : ( I feel bad for myself at times with my ongoing health problems, but then I read about others like yourself and realize I have it pretty good in comparison. I hope things get better for you!

Just thought I would share a quick lucid dream experience, and one out of body experience my wife and I sort of shared together.

First, despite wanting to have lucid dreams, I've only had one that I remember anyway. It was several years ago. I was dreaming I was in some sort of a community of people and realized I was dreaming and told myself to wake up in the dream.

Once I was fully conscious in the dream, what fascinated me the most, is that the characters in the town, were NOT figments from my mind. I'm sure of it. They had their own personalities and determinations.

Once I felt I was the dream boss, I tried to make the characters do things as if they were slaves. Some would do what I asked, others thought about it, while many told me to f__k off and went about their way. Each character was very unique and their own person. I can't fathom how my mind could have imagined such a complex scenario of living and breathing characters, every frame of the experience. It was pretty amazing.

On the OBE story. My wife has been OBE a couple of times in her life. One night I came to bed, the lights were off, but I heard my wife groaning in weird ways. I thought maybe she was having a nightmare. I laid down on the bed, and the ENTIRE bed was vibrating at the frequency of perhaps a shaving razor. Even my super fluffy PILLOW was vibrating like that, so much so, between the vibrations and my wife's groaning, I was starting to freak out.

Long story short, she was in a state of sleep paralysis, wide awake, out of body, seeing creatures in our bedroom on the ceiling, and was in her own way, trying to tell me to help her as she was trapped. Scared the heck out of her. It's never happened since and that was twenty years ago.

So, the fact that I felt the energy as a buzzing of the bed, while she was in this state, proves to me, that the OBE thing is quite real.

My wife also saw the hat man years before that when in a state of sleep paryalysis. The hat man is a common scary dude many people have seen in that state.

Last edited by lostsole (2022-04-17 01:39:33)

#4 2022-04-20 01:33:50

charliebelle

or tuning into another timeline?

#5 2022-04-20 16:40:35

Nonlinear1222

For me my dreams and meditations are just as real as this construct seems to be but my question is...How real is this construct??

#6 2022-04-22 15:07:46

naringas

Blue_Queen wrote:

Interesting. But I think your consciousness is simply projecting situations you are a vibrational match to.
No need to think it is your real past experience.
But it is a big unknown how it all works.

how it all works (taken all at once) indeed is a big uknown. However smaller restricted parts can be known and undesrtood (as I said, in a limited sense).

it seems to me that Kian369 is trying to make sense of this things in a more profound way than "it's simply something you're resonating with, no need to think about it much".

quite frankly, such a response/attitude towards inquiries such as this, is offputting to me personally (hence this respponse).

but to each their (our?) own.

Board footer