You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-21 14:11:57

Happy

Meditation, Emotion, and Eliminating Fear

I thought this could be relevant, considering the global meditation on this year's winter solstice.

Not many months ago, in Gosia's video "Fears, Viruses, Global Situation - (Extraterrestrial Taygetan Pleiadian Communication)," Nai'Shara and Swaruu talked about our negative "egregores" (- using Wikipedia's more 'contemporary' understanding here) and how we have collectively manifested them. Swaruu even described the 'virus' like that.

Such negative manifestations are considered unwitting, but consciously undesired, by most of us down here. Our ability to avoid the negative in life include the triggering of fear. And this also recognizes that harmonious life is sought by most of us.

The importance in mastering fear was discussed by Nai'Shara and Swaruu in the same video:

Nai'Shara [12:01]: It is very important to internalize, as that cliché phrase says, 'know yourself', because when you dig inside yourself, so to speak, you reach the real point of what causes the fear in you. But you can only do it if you really know yourself. Sometimes you ask yourself: why do I always react this way to this fear or that one? Simply because you have not seen deep within yourself.

Swaruu: Yes, and life is made in such a way that the expansion can only develop if it proceeds to take away your fear. Removing fear from your life is the same as integration. More love, less fear. You don't want to face yourself. The one who generates that fear.

Nai'Shara: You may be repeating over and over again mistakes or behaviors that you don't really want from yourself, but what is really happening? That many times unconsciously you ask for them, yes, you want them so there is a conflict within you. It is the ambivalence within you.

The question is, what difference is there between knowing oneself and knowing what one fears? I find reason to think, that to "know oneself" is much like having a mentality or skill; in how to approach one's fears in a detached mode. And I think this skill is achieved through the practice of meditation. I'll explain.

Previously, I've touched upon how our ability to judge is a mechanism for optimizing our own behavior. The more consciously our options are perceived, the better our judgment and progress. But, contrary to common reflections, this mechanism is an internal one, as it is performed before our choices are exercised.

We don't go around thinking about this. And the reason is, that it is an automatic skill. We are most likely born with it, and as such perhaps better considered an instinct; that's how fundamental it is. But behavior is a curious thing sometimes. It is very malleable once we figure out how to approach it.

We are emotional beings. It's part of our genetic make-up. And fear in its most gruesome forms has the potency to paralyze every single one of us. But there are degrees in this, too. If we just don't desire what's in our focus (perceive), we may become stuck. Then alternatives evade us and we may soon find ourselves in a rut; life becomes "shitty." When our emotions amplify our focus to the n'th degree, the mentioned 'detached mode' becomes important.

The 'skill' is meant to enable us to approach what we fear, while not fearing it. But it's our knee-jerk emotions that make us react in fear. So where is that point where we attach our emotions to the feared perceptions? Now, this may possibly appear construed to some, but our emotions engage because of our mentioned automatic judgment. And that judgment comes around because every possible outcome imaginable is fixated on that perception - and ranked. Which in short is the reason it is feared. And if we're unable to stop this 'mechanism', it becomes very difficult to approach it.

"Every possible outcome imaginable" is pulled both from our conscious knowledge and our sub-consciousness. Which means that as long as we have a sub-consciousness, it is very difficult to discern the immediacy of the different outcomes. But if we stop ranking the outcomes - which is the skill I'm talking about here - we actually find ourselves in a 'detached mode'. And we recognize what the different 'gurus' have said in this too - to the let it all flow and pass within your mind, and pick up the process from there.

The thing is, your options in the situation won't disappear by exercising your ability to avoid ranking of thoughts. On the contrary, you will find yourself able to actively choose, not only what you will do, but also how and if you will relate to any of the perceived options at all. You become the master of your situation. It's not the situations that dictate you anymore.

This skill has implications for our future contact with ETs, too. It has been mentioned several times in Gosia's videos, that we cannot expect contact with any ETs, if we approach them with a victim mentality. That is a degree of polarized thinking, that would be very demanding on them. Such polarization must be considered poisonous, granting that we expect them to empathize with us on equal footing. And it is of course inhibiting on our own growth, as well.

Discuss the message, not the messenger.

#2 2020-12-21 15:08:30

Robert369

Re: Meditation, Emotion, and Eliminating Fear

Very well said, Happy, and I hope that many will read your text in full because getting rid of one's fears is key to a happy, positively fulfilled life.

I usually simply refer to this in short as "mastering one's emotions" of which "mastering fear" is part of.

Helping people to self-empower and liberate themselves, and by that ultimately the whole planet and beyond. See my profile for means to connect.

#3 2020-12-21 15:44:18

mitkobs

Fear is rooted in the unknown. Unknown future. Unknown life and death or not knowing if there is life after death. Two main fears: of death and of being alone. Fear is not possible if you have figured out those 2 fundamental fears. Knowing that we as spiritual essence(soul) cannot die is the key.

Last edited by mitkobs (2020-12-21 15:45:24)

#4 2020-12-21 16:31:03

Happy

Robert369 wrote:

I usually simply refer to this in short as "mastering one's emotions" of which "mastering fear" is part of.

smile Thank you, Robert. Yes. There's actually a very wide range of approaches in this.

mitkobs wrote:

Fear is rooted in the unknown.

Yeah... but knowing that it is unknown doesn't make the unknown known. It's how one deals with the unknown that is addressed here. With meditation one can acquire that skill. smile

Discuss the message, not the messenger.

#5 2020-12-21 16:59:35

mitkobs

Happy wrote:
Robert369 wrote:

smile Thank you, Robert. Yes. There's actually a very wide range of approaches in this.

mitkobs wrote:

Fear is rooted in the unknown.

Yeah... but knowing that it is unknown doesn't make the unknown known. It's how one deals with the unknown that is addressed here. With meditation one can acquire that skill. smile

If you not know and is not possible to know have to believe. And believing will turn into knowing.

#6 2022-04-26 00:02:29

Kahi Harawira

What an awesome topic, love it.

Fear in my experience, is a construct of the mind, an imaginary thing which tempts you to act a certain way in order to respond to it. A temptation which asks you to act or respond to an imagined consequence.

Death or threats of death, harm to loved ones (such as family and children), imprisonment, hardship, treason, lies, fraud etc, are all mechanisms that are used to trigger the mind to respond in a predictable way. As if they know what you will do and how you will respond when faced with a certain set of circumstances.

I have found that detachment and peace of mind to be essential aspect to be able to maintain balance in all dangerous situations that are almost always engineered to trigger a response. Of course one can respond in the manner in which one is expected to respond or one can choose from a menu of options to respond differently, in a way which is not expected, and thus deactivating their intention and forcing them to respond instead.

In almost all cases, the circumstances usually thrown at you is designed to disturb the heart, to throw you and keep you off balance. In my experience, protecting the heart enables that “detachment” because what might be happening, is deliberately designed to hurt you. Either physically, emotionally, mentally or psychologically: deliberately designed to generate fear in order to weaken or eradicate a response.

Any intention to kill however, must be firmly met with a SILENT commitment to respond in kind or worse, all the while maintaining at all times, within an unemotional, detached and peaceful balance. Of course none of us want to go there but if it must go there, so it will. No-one can force you to do anything.

Living in peaceful coexistence with others is a choice and unfortunately being prepared to defend it, is also necessity. And it has been my experience, that this approach causes a glitch in the matrix because it is not the predictable response which was sought.

#7 2022-04-26 05:06:05

mitkobs

Be prepared for the worse possible and that is the death, the unknown, the loneliness, the loss of everything you love, the loss and unfulfillment of your desires, being in need. And to be prepared means to stand like a rock before a storm, the storm hits you with such power and you stand unmoved/unshaken. You stand your ground, your spiritual high, your soul, your principles, what you know, what you believe.
Be a warrior, a samurai, know how to fight, have an weaponry of choice, an artillery. Know how to defend yourself if a storm hits, but live in a such a way that you do not need to defend. Live in such a way that you do not correspond energetically to attacks, you do not fear. Fear is what attracts the attacks energetically.

Last edited by mitkobs (2022-04-26 05:08:04)

#8 2022-04-26 08:38:24

If the "I" has not been silenced, that is, if the illusoriness of the "I" as a construct of its own unreality is not clearly seen (and this never becomes the result of an intellectual or logical understanding), any effortful will to silence the mind is merely an exercise in the control of concentration skills of an ongoing discipline; meditation and concentration are two different things. True meditation is the release of control as a way of instrumenting the mind in the pursuit of a goal; it is the letting go of guiding our experience in order to enhance the "I". In fact, the vast majority of meditators with a certain constancy and discipline, achieve good cognitive results in lowering the levels of anxiety produced by mental chatter, the self-referential internal dialogue of uncontrolled thought. But the "I" or ego of these meditators is not only intact, but has been reinforced by the appearance of a new false identity "that of the "I" or ego in a state of permanent meditation".   It is what is called a spiritual bypass or spiritual self-deception.

Raman Maharshi (an enlightened sage from India) was once asked if he, himself, had no thoughts and if his mind was always empty. To which he replied:

Of course I have thoughts, how else do you think I am communicating with you right now? Moreover, the inner dialogue has never stopped in my mind. But the difference between you and me is that I know that Ramana does not exist and therefore these thoughts do not exist either, contrary to you who still believe that you exist as "I" and believe everything that is told in this permanent internal dialogue that enslaves and tortures you.

There is a huge difference between silencing the "I" and silencing the mind. To silence the self is to become aware of its illusoriness, and this does not come about as a result of an intellectual or logical process; it is purely spontaneous and no mind control or meditative practice can bring about this understanding outside of all referential cognitivity.

Last edited by CHARCOtranquilo (2022-04-26 08:45:57)

I opened the door
and your Presence entered
like a sword,
without asking.

#9 2022-04-26 10:15:30

Robert369

Brahman wrote:

If Ramana has said that he knows that he does not exist, then who is the one who knows that he does not exist - his Self, which still exists, thinking that he does not exist? And since he does not exist, why does he still have thoughts?

Um.. we have a dedicated thread of him about the "I" and "exist or not exist" topic, and I suggest to keep this kind of discussion there and leave this one to the intended topic.

Helping people to self-empower and liberate themselves, and by that ultimately the whole planet and beyond. See my profile for means to connect.

#10 2022-04-26 13:56:50

naringas

May I suggest you go all the way and post the link? (also, I cannot find any such topics. all I found were two posts by "luk" after searching for "or not exist" by topic)

Robert369 wrote:
Brahman wrote:

If Ramana has said that he knows that he does not exist, then who is the one who knows that he does not exist - his Self, which still exists, thinking that he does not exist? And since he does not exist, why does he still have thoughts?

Um.. we have a dedicated thread of him about the "I" and "exist or not exist" topic, and I suggest to keep this kind of discussion there and leave this one to the intended topic.

---

My own method to working with fear, and its softer manifestations (anxiety, worry), involve working on the root chakra.

Also, I get the sensation (when coming near this public forum) that there's fear and worry around. I am often dissuaded (not completely effectively) from posting here. And I'm certainly sensing myself worry about it when trying to to post about certain topics (anything even mentioning, or hinting, or that could potentially be interpreted as 'negative').

#11 2022-04-26 14:25:27

Brahman wrote:

Charco,

This perhaps corresponds to Buddhism which non-existence is quite abstract for here...

Great point @Brahman

This questioning is already a classic within the world of advaita , when an enlightened Master makes this kind of statements denying the existence of a "someone" who says that "it does not exist" when there has to be a "someone" to say it, creating a paradox enormously contradictory to the "Cartesian reason " or from the most austere logic, by the obviousness of the syllogism, which becomes difficult to reconcile to the understanding or perception of the one who has not reached this transcendent Understanding.

This can be explained by understanding that "apparently" within the dream or illusion THE ABSOLUTE, as transcendent, is also expressed, as the immanent, which is inherent to being and is united in an inseparable way to its essence, although rationally it can be distinguished from it. That is to say, when the sage or enlightened one makes this affirmation, he does it from "the most transcendent aspect", that is to say from the Understanding that for the ABSOLUTE the dream of illusion has not happened, does not happen and will never happen, per se, Ramana does NOT exist. However, "from the immanent", the sage or enlightened one, understands that Ramana is the "who/what", who makes this affirmation "from a someone/something". That is to say, from rationality and from the necessary communication built on words as symbols that point or point to other symbols and therefore are doubly distant from the reality they intend to describe, such statements based on the premises on which they start and are sustained are out of all congruence. But this supposes neither conflict, nor incongruity, nor paradox, for the wise or enlightened one, since in reality the transcendent and the immanent are the SAME ESSENCE, which supposes a full integration devoid of opposites.

That is to say, the conflict and incongruity comes from the one who questions this syllogism, because he sees the sage or enlightened one, as he sees himself, that is to say, as an identity fully identified with the apparent reality of the idea "I-ego" and in a state product of the idea of seeing himself separated from "himself".     
However, explained from a "more horizontal and less transcendent" and more pragmatic aspect, we could say the following:

Ramana, points to the non-existence of Ramana, or "self", as a psychological construct, that is, the identification with a subject/object "who thinks, who thinks, who is a self". When Ramana said, "There is no Ramana," he was referring to this construct of psychological identification which is what he denies as existent. What he does not deny is "the self" as a necessary instrument in the world to establish interaction with and with the world. This instrumentalization of the "I" without the emergence of identification as a separate identity is only possible when one arrives at this transcendent Understanding that the "I" does not exist as a thinking reality.

Moreover, on another occasion, Ramana was asked if he no longer had an "ego"... to which he responded by saying that the Jani, or enlightened one, continued to have an ego and to make instrumental use of it, since the instrument that conveyed it was the body, something that he could neither withdraw from nor do without, since it is an intrinsic part of the illusion of the dream itself. But this did not imply that cognitively, there was psychological identification with the instrument or "ego".

That is to say, to give a more prosaic example, it would be like thinking that a carpenter believes that he is the hammer with which he is hammering the nails into the wood. Simply, once his work is done, the hammer is left in the toolbox because he understands that it is only an instrument alien to his sentient identity.   

I would also like to point out and demystify the widespread myth that when one becomes enlightened one stops thinking or that to become enlightened is to have no more thoughts due to the erroneous conclusion that when the "I" or "ego" is extinguished, being the product of an "idea", the thought is also extinguished.

Enlightenment does NOT consist in the extinction of thought. This would only be possible in a catatonic state, and enlightenment is neither a catatonic state nor any type of altered state of consciousness, nor any mystical state, since enlightenment is an understanding that does not operate in space or time, but, nevertheless, it does not annul the logical and necessary capacity of thinking, so necessary and indispensable to unfold in the vicissitudes of the world where one unfolds.

Moreover, in fact, there is generally an improvement in the clarity of cognitive and intellectual processes, since the mind is stripped of the identification with that dirty noise called mental chatter, which opens a space or background of expansion of the mind that generates as a result a deep sense of freedom.

I opened the door
and your Presence entered
like a sword,
without asking.

Board footer