You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-24 08:56:33

Happy

Empathy can be exercised

Use your imagination, and reach for the sense of personality within the person in front of you. You've heard the expression, "to put oneself in another's shoes." Now, while having that sense of being the other person, ask yourself: "What do I want, and what do I need?" Those two answers are probably not the same (- they could be, but are usually not). The questions are posed to you, while you're standing in front of them. And you have the choice which question you want to relate to.

The situation that put you together may decide the outcome of this. The sun may shine and you both may have a good day. Or only one of you have a good day. Or both of you may even have a bad day; resistance points to ever motion forward. Now, empathy is essentially a good thing, because it effectively tie you two together in this experience. And you know what they say, "two is better than one." smile So where is the exercise in this? Well, here's the kicker: The goal of it, is that both of you leave the situation with an better sense of wellbeing than when you entered it. And how you answer those questions will decide it.

The difficulty in this? You know - it's not always appreciated to hear the truth. And your truth may not be the other one's truth. So if you give your response according to the "need" of the other, it may not resonate at all, and an adverse reaction could be the result. That's not even near the goal of the exercise. It's good to remember that every step on a journey is a first step. You can't take the second one before the first one. What you sense within the other will decide what that next step is.

Discuss the message, not the messenger.

#2 2020-12-24 09:12:16

Robert369

Re: Empathy can be exercised

This is a very interesting topic ! I am usually one who can "read" people and thus tend to know both of what people need and want. Yet, I oftentimes prefer to not feed the "want" portion of people due to those being a result of the programmings that the "need" portion requires to get rid of.

I decided to only go the "want+need" path for people who I consider important to my life, while random people get their "need", even if that will be an uncomfortable truth. If they are not receptive to such and oppose the undesired truth, they are not the type of people I wish to cooperate with because they simply are not yet "there". This is because my intent is to teach those who are "ready for more", while the "initiation" (as to become receptive to undesired truth) can also be done by others.

And while I am aware that this approach oftentimes makes me look harsh and not loving among less developed people, those are not my targets and my approach pre-filters people in a way. This doesn't mean that I am not a loving person, in fact it is the opposite, but each of us has a role to play at this time and there are plenty of people ready for teachings along a "being gentle style" that wake up people, but far less who can go beyond.

Funny enough, the above explanation usually leads to exactly those who are not ready for the truth to create slander. But then, isn't such pre-selection what anyone who wishes to teach advanced understandings would do ?

Just putting this out here as food for thought, because "too much empathy" can also be harmful to the target and prevent him/her from personal growth through too much "lullaby".

Helping people to self-empower and liberate themselves, and by that ultimately the whole planet and beyond. See my profile for means to connect.

#3 2020-12-24 09:24:32

Happy

Re: Empathy can be exercised

Robert... You're a rock! smile Thank you!

Discuss the message, not the messenger.

Board footer