You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-14 12:05:14

Rainer Klar

Please create a transscript-link below each video!

Clicking on the 3 youtube-dots and on `Open transscripts` only provides a sidebar-version of subtitles.

I'm chatting on Telegram with German friends who want to have translations, and therefore it would be more than great to have a direct link to - for
example - a German transscript: https://www.swaruu.org/download/transla … eutsch/pdf.
And - when other languages, English, French, Spanish are also available - give the direct links also.

Of course I would help creating it but it isn't recommended because I haven't admin-rights to Gosias channel. So I would focus on creating german transscripts instead, as I did already.

So please, add the feature in near future. Thank you!!!

Last edited by Rainer Klar (2021-05-14 12:44:46)

#2 2021-05-14 17:24:18

Gosia
Administrator

Re: Please create a transscript-link below each video!

I see what you mean but that would take way too much work for me at the moment. Thank you!

Rainer Klar wrote:

Clicking on the 3 youtube-dots and on `Open transscripts` only provides a sidebar-version of subtitles.

I'm chatting on Telegram with German friends who want to have translations, and therefore it would be more than great to have a direct link to - for
example - a German transscript: https://www.swaruu.org/download/transla … eutsch/pdf.
And - when other languages, English, French, Spanish are also available - give the direct links also.

Of course I would help creating it but it isn't recommended because I haven't admin-rights to Gosias channel. So I would focus on creating german transscripts instead, as I did already.

So please, add the feature in near future. Thank you!!!

#3 2021-05-16 15:46:18

Rainer Klar

Yes, I agree, Gosia.
However there is a lack of clear showing where you can find the transscripts (and sometimes even translations).
I can see 2 solutions:
1. paste into the video-description a general link = that can be the same line for each of the 254 videos

2. the version I proposed, but leave it for later. I could provide then a table I could write with all links and text necessary. So 1 link of the video of which the description is to be changed , and the direct download-links of the available transscripts.

3. A third solution could be a general information at channel level where to find the transscripts. That would be the easiest solution.

#4 2021-05-17 13:56:05

Gosia
Administrator

I do have the link under each video to the website with transcripts. They can find them coming to the site. This will need to do for now. Thank you smile

Rainer Klar wrote:

Yes, I agree, Gosia.
However there is a lack of clear showing where you can find the transscripts (and sometimes even translations).
I can see 2 solutions:
1. paste into the video-description a general link = that can be the same line for each of the 254 videos

2. the version I proposed, but leave it for later. I could provide then a table I could write with all links and text necessary. So 1 link of the video of which the description is to be changed , and the direct download-links of the available transscripts.

3. A third solution could be a general information at channel level where to find the transscripts. That would be the easiest solution.

#5 2021-05-17 14:12:28

Rainer Klar

If there were any such link I would have seen it.
Because - at least from viewing here in Germany - there are no links to swaruu.org, I wrote this thread.

Maybe there is a link sometimes and I had overlooked it. But each of random proved videos doesn't have that link.

#6 2021-05-18 13:52:16

Gosia
Administrator

I have links to our website under each video, in the newest ones, not the oldest ones. In the ones published last year.

Rainer Klar wrote:

If there were any such link I would have seen it.
Because - at least from viewing here in Germany - there are no links to swaruu.org, I wrote this thread.

Maybe there is a link sometimes and I had overlooked it. But each of random proved videos doesn't have that link.

#7 2021-05-18 14:02:38

Rainer Klar

Oh now I see. Unfortunately I only looked below the videos for a clickable link. But it is only in red within a video. So you have to be very prepaired to get it when it is displayed.
For the next videos I would like to have it as a link below.
It is possible to have non-youtube-links there.

#8 2021-05-18 15:05:35

Josep

Hi Rainer.
I'm building a site focused in subtitling the videos. It will:
* get automatic transcripts from the videos in the original language. Then, make us able to easily edit them as needed. Think of this as a synched subtitles file (available in a table format too), not a PDF.
* get automatic translations to any language. Then, make us able to easily edit them as needed. Again, as a subtitles file, not a PDF.
* export these transcripts/translations to properly formatted subtitles files, so Gosia, Matias and those in the team that manage the Youtube channels can import them in the videos when they have time for that.

In order to do that, the site will have a list of videos in every channel, links to get/edit transcripts/translations, languages already available, last modification date, people taking charge of them, etc.

I believe that in such a platform it would make sense to add a link to the available PDF transcripts too, if I understand it correctly.

I developed the site a few weeks ago. I've been adding your suggestions to make the editing way easier than it was originally, and these changes will be ready in a couple days.
When I have those changes finished, I'll let you know here.
After that, I'll add the videos list, to manage all that with ease and clarity. I expect to have that finished by next Monday.
And after that, I'll add moderation/organization features. I believe this part will take me about another week.

With all that done, I would like Gosia, Matias, or any team member to have a look and validate the site.
When/if they do so, then a link to the site will help people collaborate by adding translations and thus the team being able to add subtitles in many languages, as people keep making them ready.

Last edited by Josep (2021-05-18 15:06:39)

#9 2021-05-18 15:24:18

Gosia
Administrator

Wow ok. Thanks. Lets see.

Josep wrote:

Hi Rainer.
I'm building a site focused in subtitling the videos. It will:
* get automatic transcripts from the videos in the original language. Then, make us able to easily edit them as needed. Think of this as a synched subtitles file (available in a table format too), not a PDF.
* get automatic translations to any language. Then, make us able to easily edit them as needed. Again, as a subtitles file, not a PDF.
* export these transcripts/translations to properly formatted subtitles files, so Gosia, Matias and those in the team that manage the Youtube channels can import them in the videos when they have time for that.

In order to do that, the site will have a list of videos in every channel, links to get/edit transcripts/translations, languages already available, last modification date, people taking charge of them, etc.

I believe that in such a platform it would make sense to add a link to the available PDF transcripts too, if I understand it correctly.

I developed the site a few weeks ago. I've been adding your suggestions to make the editing way easier than it was originally, and these changes will be ready in a couple days.
When I have those changes finished, I'll let you know here.
After that, I'll add the videos list, to manage all that with ease and clarity. I expect to have that finished by next Monday.
And after that, I'll add moderation/organization features. I believe this part will take me about another week.

With all that done, I would like Gosia, Matias, or any team member to have a look and validate the site.
When/if they do so, then a link to the site will help people collaborate by adding translations and thus the team being able to add subtitles in many languages, as people keep making them ready.

#10 2021-05-18 15:26:29

Rainer Klar

Sounds great Josep, and you most probably do much work to realize it! Thank you! I'm excited to watch that site soon!

#11 2021-05-19 14:13:05

Gosia
Administrator

I see now. Clickeable link ok! I made it clickeable from now on. Didnt notice it wasnt. Thank you smile

Rainer Klar wrote:

Oh now I see. Unfortunately I only looked below the videos for a clickable link. But it is only in red within a video. So you have to be very prepaired to get it when it is displayed.
For the next videos I would like to have it as a link below.
It is possible to have non-youtube-links there.

#12 2021-05-19 14:15:59

Rainer Klar

smile

#13 2021-05-21 18:16:44

Josep

Here is a link to a page for one video, for the subtitles site. I must still work on it, but at least you can already have a look at what's in there.

https://taygetansubtitles.com/CosmicAgency-001.php

Basically:
There's a table to edit the subtitles.

There's an "Import" tab to import subtitles from Youtube. The main surprise is that youtube has more subtitles ready than it shows. And people who want to collaborate translating can use them to do so a little faster.

There's a "Transcript" tab to transcribe the video in its original language.

There's a "Translate" tab to translate from one language to another.

Every group of subtitles can be exported in 3 formats: SRT (for Youtube), VTT (for other platforms, like Vimeo, if needed), DOC (Word format, to print for instance). They can all be edited in a notepad or text editor too, if anyone wants.

Sorry for the labels in mixed languages (English and Spanish). I'll fix it this weekend.

Last edited by Josep (2021-05-21 18:17:07)

#14 2021-05-21 18:19:00

Gosia
Administrator

Thank you, will have a look! smile

Josep wrote:

Here is a link to a page for one video, for the subtitles site. I must still work on it, but at least you can already have a look at what's in there.

https://taygetansubtitles.com/CosmicAgency-001.php

Basically:
There's a table to edit the subtitles.

There's an "Import" tab to import subtitles from Youtube. The main surprise is that youtube has more subtitles ready than it shows. And people who want to collaborate translating can use them to do so a little faster.

There's a "Transcript" tab to transcribe the video in its original language.

There's a "Translate" tab to translate from one language to another.

Every group of subtitles can be exported in 3 formats: SRT (for Youtube), VTT (for other platforms, like Vimeo, if needed), DOC (Word format, to print for instance). They can all be edited in a notepad or text editor too, if anyone wants.

Sorry for the labels in mixed languages (English and Spanish). I'll fix it this weekend.

#15 2021-06-02 15:53:42

Josep

The site TaygetanSubtitles.com is already working.
I'll have to make some improvements here and there, but the main functionalities are working.

#16 2021-06-03 19:53:20

Gosia
Administrator

Thank you. How does it work exactly? I cant figure it out! hmm

Josep wrote:

The site TaygetanSubtitles.com is already working.
I'll have to make some improvements here and there, but the main functionalities are working.

#17 2021-06-03 22:16:06

Josep

My pleasure.

Yes, you are right. I must add a page explaining how to use the site, there. :-)

Let's say Maria speaks both Spanish and Italian languages, and wants to help with the subtitles. What she would do is:

At the home page:

1) In the home page of TaygetanSubtitles.com site, choose the Spanish language version of the site (click on the upper left language dropdown with the Spanish language flag), and go to the Agencia Cósmica channel page by clicking on the link "list of all video subtitles pages".

At the channel video list page:

2) In the Agencia Cósmica channel video list page (https://taygetansubtitles.com/list-video-ac.php?lang=es), just above the table with all the videos, there is a filter field, where she can type the words she likes (for instance, she could type "Alcyone"). It will help her quickly find the videos she may most like to work on. Or, she can also order the list by upload date to find the latest, or order the videos list by any other criteria, just by clicking on the table header columns.

3) If María has searched for the word "Alcyone", the table will filter the videos and give her only 3 videos. Each row of the table shows (besides the video title, upload date and link to youtube):
* "Subtitles in YT": whether there are already subtitles in YT. "No" means that there aren't subtitles detected, right now.
* "Page to add/edit subtitles": the link to the page to add/edit subtitles.
* "Languages available": in the page to add/edit subtitles, you can add many languages. When the page is created, I only add one by default (the original language of the video). If María sees no "Italian" language in the "Languages available", that means that she can work on that, because noone other has  started editing that video's subtitles in Italian, yet. So, she could choose that video without risk of colliding with anyone other editing the same subtitles.
* "Last edited date": Last time someone has worked on this video's subtitles in each language.
* "By whom": for each language, this column will show the username of the person that has been working on this video's subtitles.

4) For the video that María chooses to work on, she'll just click on the link "subtitles page" (under the column "Page to add/edit subtitles"). Let's say, for instance, that María chooses to edit subtitles in Italian for the video titled "Tertulias de Anochecer - Bitcoin Alcyone Corey Goode - PARTE 1 10A". She'll click on the "subtitles page" link, which will lead her to the to this subtitles page: https://taygetansubtitles.com/subtitles … 28&lang=es . This is the page to add subtitles (in any language) to the video titled "Tertulias de Anochecer - Bitcoin Alcyone Corey Goode - PARTE 1 10A".

At the subtitles page:
Let's say that noone has worked previously in this video's subtitles in Italian, and in no other language even. When she opens that subtitles page, she'll just find an empty box of Spanish subtitles.
Under the first tab ("Subtitles"), there are boxes with a language name, a big number (number of subtitle sentences), a timeline and export buttons. Each box is for a different language.

5) At this page, the best route is to import the subtitles from YT, because it's much agile to fix some errors than to type every sentence. So, first thing to do: click on the tab "Import subtitles".

6) In the "Import subtitles" tab, there is a list of 28 automatic subtitles collections made by YT, one for each main language. Maria should just click on the "Import" button for the Italian one. All the automatic subtitles will be imported.

7) Clicking back on the tab "Subtitles", Maria will now see that a new box has been created, titled Italian, with a big number (let's say 200), a timeline, and export buttons. If Maria hovers with her mouse over each dot in the timeline, she'll have a glimpse of the different subtitles. If she clicks on one of those dots, the video will go to that time, too, so she could check that in context, quickly.

8) Below these boxes there's a dropdown, and below it there is a table. Maria should now select "Italian" in the dropdown, and the table will show all the Italian subtitles.

9) María would now play the video, and keep reading the subtitles in the table below the video. The table auto-scrolls, to show the subtitle synched with the current time of the video. Any error that María can detect, she would better pause the video, click on the line with the wrong subtitle, fix it by typing on it, and hit Return, or click anywhere else outside that line, and resume playing the video. The subtitle will just be fixed, now.

10) It doesn't matter if María finishes the whole video or just dedicates a small time and comes back tomorrow. Every change gets saved, so to speak, so the next time she comes she'll be able to continue where she left.

(Improvement still to be made): I'll add a button so that "María" could state something like "Subtitles in this language ready to be uploaded to YT". This would differentiate whether this person has finished editing this set of subtitles in this language, or hasn't yet finished.

Back in the channel's video list:
11) After María imported the Italian subtitles from YT, the channel's video list will show, for the row to this video, that there are Italian subtitles in this video's page. After María started editing any subtitles, this row will also show that they are being edited by María.

To upload the subtitles file in YT, the channel's admin (Gosia, Robert, Estel·la, Cristina) will just have to download the subtitles file and upload it in Youtube. To do that, for the Italian subtitles that "María" has just edited:

12) Go to the channel's video list, order by "Last edited date", find the video that María has just edited, click on "subtitles page". At that page, under the "Subtitles" tab, inside the Italian box, click on the "Export SRT (youtube)" button. Save the file, and upload it to Youtube: "Youtube Studio" link (at the top right corner menu), then "Subtitles" (on the left sidebar), find the video and click on "Add language", add "Italian" (in this example). Then click on "Add" under the "Subtitles" column, and finally "Upload file" and "with timing".

To make it shorter:
* Look for the video you want.
* Open the subtitles page for that video, and Import the subtitles from Youtube in your desired language.
* In the language dropdown, choose such language, and the table will display all the subtitles.
* Play the video, and keep checking the subtitles. Any error, fix it just by typing on the table row. Hit the Return key or click anywhere outside the table to accept the changes you made. Repeat until the video ends.

Board footer