You are not logged in.

#76 2024-05-03 15:57:24

mes333

Re: Investigating Zero Point Energy and Base-12 Mathematics

Yours works so much better than mine with the Earth numbers in there. Hmm thought I was making it easier with certain alignments for comparison for my thinking but not sure...I think the zero's just confused me at the bottom HAHA though writing it all out felt comfortable once I got going. I will have to fiddle some more until I can do addition or subtraction in Taygetan to see how my head handles that smile

numbers.jpg

Last edited by mes333 (2024-05-03 15:59:44)

You have to be where you are to get where you need to go. – Amy Poehler

#77 2024-05-03 18:13:35

Ariya

mes333 wrote:

Yours works so much better than mine with the Earth numbers in there. Hmm thought I was making it easier with certain alignments for comparison for my thinking but not sure...I think the zero's just confused me at the bottom HAHA though writing it all out felt comfortable once I got going. I will have to fiddle some more until I can do addition or subtraction in Taygetan to see how my head handles that smile

https://i.ibb.co/NyF7ZGh/numbers.jpg

mes333 thank you, I’m glad you tried this too…

And I’m glad you’re laughing about it too! It’s kinda funny and crazy what we are trying to do here…

smile

But I really appreciate you joining me in this! Thank you ! ★

#78 2024-05-03 18:27:27

Meridianwoman

mes333 wrote:

I think the zero's just confused me at the bottom HAHA though writing it all out felt comfortable once I got going. I will have to fiddle some more until I can do addition or subtraction in Taygetan to see how my head handles that smile

Using 0 to represent twelve works much better!  Brilliant idea, as the place value for 100 makes a smooth transition from Base 10 to Base 12.

TOGETHER we can move mountains!
My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013507026366

#79 2024-05-03 19:27:37

mes333

Thanks so much Ariya, Meridianwoman & Cloudrdr for getting the ideas flowing and ball rolling on trying this out smile A great activity to try and also just think about and helps writing down also very much. I will do another page as I ran out of space and carry on the numbers. So much easier with all of your input, ideas and explorations on paper and off. I was very curious from a couple months ago so I am happy I gave it a shot.

#80 2024-05-03 20:18:27

Meridianwoman

An easy was to convert any Base 10 number to Base 12 is to multiply it by 1.2 (I divided 12 by 10)

Remnants of Base 12 still remain in our culture today
The history of DOZEN is evidence that Base 12 was THE mathematics of the past.

A few English speaking countries still use 12 inches, 5280 feet in a mile (or 4400 units in Base 12)

In Canada in the 1970s the country made both Standard and Metric systems official, and ALL roadsigns show both miles and kilometers.
USA schools also tried to teach the conversion of both measurements, but failed.

I bring this up because it shows that it IS POSSIBLE to institute big planetary changes.

Here evidence that people on Earth used Base 12:
"History of the Usage of the Term “Dozen”

One of the oldest used units of measurement is the dozen. The 12-base number system is referred to as duodecimal or dozenal. The practice of using the thumb to count the finger bones is thought to have given rise to it.

It is a part of nature. A year has twelve months, twelve moon cycles, or twelve zodiac signs. A day contains two cycles of 12 hours each.

Ancient civilizations who utilized a duodecimal system for numbering, such as the Babylonians and Egyptians, are where the usage of the number 12 as a base for counting first emerged. Later, the Romans embraced this method, and it spread over all of Europe. The Old French term “douzaine,” which means “a group of 12,” is where the English word “dozen” first appeared.

Use of Dozen in Mathematics

The word “a dozen” is used in mathematics as a unit of measurement for angles. A whole circle has 360 degrees; hence 12 degrees are equal to 30 degrees. The idea of a dozen also lends itself to fundamental mathematics and problem-solving since it offers a framework for counting and organizing objects into groups of 12.

This can be helpful in a variety of mathematical applications, including figuring out how many items make up a group or determining how many items there are overall when multiple sets are joined.

Mathematical computations are also made simpler and clearer by using the unit of measurement of a dozen.

Dictionary:  "The earliest known use of the noun dozen is in the Middle English period (1150—1500).

OED's earliest evidence for dozen is from around 1340–70, in Alexander and Dindimus.

dozen is a borrowing from French.

It is derived from French dozeine.

https://www.storyofmathematics.com/glossary/dozen/

#81 2024-05-04 21:22:43

Meridianwoman

Today I was going to share the Base 12 chart drawn by Mes333 to another Internet forum, but remembered the rule to not copy/paste  other people's stuff.

So I drew a chart again using Mes333 symbols.  But added 12 rows hortizontally (instead of ten rows).

Then I realized the 100 does not come after 90 on Base 12. 
After 90 is .O

Here's the newest chart: Base-12-by-Donna.jpg

#82 2024-05-04 22:21:56

Ariya

Meridianwoman wrote:

Today I was going to share the Base 12 chart drawn by Mes333 to another Internet forum, but remembered the rule to not copy/paste  other people's stuff.

So I drew a chart again using Mes333 symbols.  But added 12 rows hortizontally (instead of ten rows).

Then I realized the 100 does not come after 90 on Base 12. 
After 90 is .O

Here's the newest chart: https://i.ibb.co/4ttn1Fy/Base-12-by-Donna.jpg

Hello Meridianwoman,

I thank you for all your work raising the profile of this subject, here and elsewhere on the internet!

I just thought I’d mention that there are already base 12 standards that are in use (and that other people will be familiar with.)

When I learnt base 12 at school, we were taught:

0,1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, 10

( A= 10 & B= 11)

So, very simple maths in base 12

3 + 3 = 6
5 + 5 = A
3 + 8 = B
6 + 6 = 10
6 + 7 = 11
A + 4 = 12
B + 5 = 14

And so on.

Using this method, I am using zeros as place holders for the multiple units.

So in base 12:
The number 10 means one set of twelve and no units.

The number 14 means one set of 12 and 4 units (this translates to 16 in base 10)

There are already calculators and familiar processes to help using these symbols . For example here is a calculator :
https://dozenal.netlify.app/

You can use this calculator to play around with the numbers but it’s actually quite easy just to start using base 12.

Pymander’s original post on this thread also talks about this standard method. https://forum.swaruu.org/viewtopic.php?pid=19203#p19203

I really like mes333 symbols but I see a few difficulties in using them. Mainly that the \ sign for 10 is very close to our division or fraction sign.

The dot sign for 11 may make it difficult to differentiate with a decimal place.

I just thought I’d mention this incase it is useful for your other discussions.

#83 2024-05-04 22:46:27

Meridianwoman

Ariya wrote:

I just thought I’d mention that there are already base 12 standards that are in use (and that other people will be familiar with.)

When I learnt base 12 at school, we were taught:

0,1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, 10

( A= 10 & B= 11)

So, very simple maths in base 12

So in base 12:
The number 10 means one set of twelve and no units.

There are already calculators and familiar processes to help using these symbols . For example here is a calculator :
https://flud.org/dozenal-calc.html

You can use this calculator to play around with the numbers but it’s actually quite easy just to start using base 12.

Pymander’s original post on this thread also talks about this standard method.

Thank you Ariya.  I remember Pymander's original post, but now I've learned that the symbols A, B, 10 are the accepted and official symbols for Base 12. 
That is very helpful news.
#10 is at the bottom of the chart, instead of 0.  That makes sense.

When Athena explained they didn't use zero, my mind eliminated 0 from the Base 12 chart.

However, zero might be one of the distortions the Controllers devised during a Reset, to alter Base 12 down to a defective system of finger counting.

Last edited by Meridianwoman (2024-05-04 22:47:55)

#84 2024-05-04 22:55:43

Ariya

Meridianwoman wrote:

(…)

However, zero might be one of the distortions the Controllers devised during a Reset, to alter Base 12 down to a defective system of finger counting.

Thanks meridianwoman,
And I agree. There have been a lot of distortions with our number system.

#85 2024-05-05 01:38:41

mes333

Opps I missed the standards in Pymander's post thanks for the clarification. Thanks meridianwoman for going further with the table too. It makes sense what you both have said and with the decimal and all. I appreciated the history on dozens origins too.

#86 2024-05-05 09:31:42

Ariya

Don’t worry mes333, I just thought you were being extra creative and inventive.
——

I actually think base 12 is not too difficult to use. It is very familiar and we use multiples of 12 all the time such as the degrees in a circle, time on a clock, feet and inches. And this is for good reason, in that 12 is a hyper divisible number. It feels more natural.

I think the beauty of it will come when we can start using in wave dynamics and toroidal calculations.

For example we should be able to more easily look at wave interactions by using the musical 12 tone scale, and listening to the harmonic or inharmonic sounds.

How does each note interact with each other. Perhaps this is the  equivalent of determining constructive frequencies and destructive interference.

I think this will be important if we wish to change the frequency of physical matter. Or create matter or return it to potential energy.

Toroidal mathematics using base 12 would give us the ability to calculate how to insert an object into a system.

And to change the position in time or space of an object by understanding how the frequencies of the system interact.

I think we may be able to solve equations using base 12 and sound frequency. Akin to music that has the ability to effect the frequency of an object or situation.

By using base 12 in terms of geometry and construction may help us understand how to create an antenna to tap into the ether for energy.

I’m sure there is more that I am missing, but base 12 should make various calculations more accurate and natural.

Board footer