You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-13 03:08:06

Tardisman

“from another perspective”

We are back!

I was going to post this last week and I noticed Sophia got to Wikipedia first smile

Good day everyone, how are you?

For the weekend edition of “Technical Forum”, I’ve been contemplating the Electron Volt controversy...

When I first heard the term “Electron Volt”, I was unaware of how insignificant the amount of energy is defined by an electron volt as I had never had to deal with this term in my research. 

With regard to 7 Trillion Electron Volts, without doing the math, I would say we are referring to enough energy to light up some LED’s.

Over the hours that I have listened to Gosia narrate the Swaruunians, I’ve always found them to be very meticulous with their choose of words.

I think it would be highly unlikely that they would make such an error.

As I understand the Fed rules, no proof can be given with regard to “contact”, as there must always be an element of doubt.

Maybe this could be the reason for the controversy?

Papriananda occasionally contradicts herself, and admits to doing so as a means of presenting a subject “from another perspective”.

Or in other words, seeing something from a different point of view.

Perhaps she is pointing to something that we need to have a closer look at.

Let’s have a look...

I typed “What is an Electron Volt” in the search engine and came up with the following from Wikipedia.   

Quote:

In physics, an electronvolt (symbol eV, also written electron-volt and electron volt) is the measure of an amount of kinetic energy gained by a single electron accelerating from rest through an electric potential difference of one volt in vacuum.

End of Quote:

There is no mention of distance in this measurement, nor is there any mention of the accumulation of Kinetic Energy over distance.

In other words:

If we apply a constant force to an object (electron), in a vacuum (no resistance), it will accumulate Kinetic Energy as it accelerates over a distance travelled.

There is a reference to distance within the Wikipedia description of the Electron Volt.

Quote:

In particle physics, a system of natural units in which the speed of light in vacuum (c) and the reduced Planck constant (ħ) are dimensionless and equal to unity is widely used: c = ħ = 1.

End of quote:

It doesn’t sound like they are considering “distance” with the word “dimensionless”.

There is also reference to the equation E = MC2 within the Wikipedia description of the Electron Volt.

Since I can’t think of any way to use a single electron, I’m going to file the term “Electron Volt” (eV) on the shelf beside the E = MC2 equation smile

Let’s have a look at the Electron “from another perspective”.

The following quote comes from a book I read as an apprentice mechanic, titled “Automotive Electrical Equipment” by William H. Crouse - published by McGraw Hill in 1963.

Quote:

To get a better idea of the force that Electrons can exert, let us, in our imaginations, place two 1- ounce iron weights 100 yards apart.

Now suppose it were possible to cause all the electrons in one weight suddenly to apply their combined repulsive force against all the electrons in the other weight.

If this happened, the repulsive force between the two weights, pushing them apart, would be something like 760 million tons!

This is really a staggering figure and indicates that electrons, despite their tiny size, exert tremendous force. The attractive force between electrons and protons (or negative and positive charges) is similarly great.

End of Quote:

Now you know how and where the word “staggering” came into my vocabulary smile

I’ve used an ounce of Iron on many occasions, whether I’m threading a nut onto a bolt, or hammering a nail into a piece of wood.

A quote from Stan Meyer:

The Hydrogen Fracturing Process has the capability of releasing thermal explosive energy up to and beyond 2.5 million barrels of oil per gallon of water under controlled state... which simply prevents the formation of the water molecule during thermal gas ignition releasing thermal explosive energy beyond the normal gas combustion process.

End of Quote:

In other words:

The Gross Thermal Nuclear Energy (GTNT) of 1 Gallon of Water is equal to 2.5 million barrels of conventionally burned oil.

It would seem that we exist in an ocean of energy, and there is an enormous amount of it contained in matter.

And, our friends “up there” have a sense of humour smile

Board footer