You are not logged in.

#26 2022-10-16 16:44:56

arkangel

Re: Q For Gosia - Veganism - Agendas -We do NOT Recommend a Vegan

Yankee wrote:

I tried a 3 month vegetarian diet. Without getting into all the particular issues, I think it was mainly too carb heavy and I wasn't using the protein in it well enough. It seemed like enough protein for a few weeks. Then I stopped making progress in weight training. Then I started getting weaker. It's impossible to control all variables, but I suggest that this might be a good way to judge the protein content. At the "permission" of the new video a couple weeks ago (I guess I'm easily influenced by it) I'm subbing in seafood and dairy and am seeing how it goes.

Part of the confusion with diets is there can be quite a delayed effect like this.

I have the same issues with protein, I have not gone vegan but on vegetarian I have to supliment lots of dairy or I am hungry all the time and feel weak. Even on vegetarian I still feel I eat to many carbs.

#27 2022-10-17 21:33:16

Gomba

I did quite a bit of experimenting with diet over the years and came to basically the same conclusions as explained in the videos.
Even tho I heard everywhere that all animal products should be avoided,  I kept eating cheese and eggs in big quantites juts because I felt like they are beneficial to me. Those two with raw veggies, nuts, tons of olive oil and some vinegars have been the best died I've had so far, all the issues with my digestive system are fixed now. While I could always feel that raw milk is bad for me.
Yet with meat...I used to have really bad joints even tho I'm in my twenties, I couldnt stand up from squatting. But merely 3-4 weeks without meat and my joints were just perfect again. I dont think I will ever go back to meat eating but I can see it being benefical for others.

#28 2022-10-18 02:37:14

Yankee

Yes, the latest video was impressively right on as far as I'm concerned on just about all points. The one exception is I've tried various cheeses with bad results. Only cottage cheese works for me, and it happens to be very high in protein.

Last edited by Yankee (2022-10-18 03:01:22)

#29 2022-10-18 05:21:02

Twinflower

Regulating fats also seems to be key.  When my energy is low, I now reach for a spoonful of peanut butter.

I went off all grains and fruit, drank only water, ate fish, chicken, eggs, vegetables and beans (pinto, navy, kidney etc). No nightshades.  Also got rid of scented products.  I went through a horrible detox the first week or two.  I kept at it for a couple years but kept losing weight.  So I eventually started adding other things back in.

Seems like once your metabolism adapts, then it is really rough trying to indulge in something like a soda or cookie.  I could eat two raisins.  If I ate that third raisin, I needed a nap.  No joke. 

I've seen improvement but still not well and full of energy.

Board footer