You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-23 09:06:32

Marak60

DOUBLE dreamig? What's that about?

Ok this one is a little strange and may be off topic for here but I had no one else to ask...

Is this something anyone else has experienced or is it just me? And if so what do you make of it?

Double dreaming.... I have had on quite a few occasions found myself dreaming and during that dream I lay down and start dreaming again (dream in a dream) it may be short or sometimes even long, however, when I wake from this "dream" I am still in my original dream! Then in my original dream I will start to tell others in that dream about the dream I just had inside my dream...

So I have a clear dream twice... my original dream then the "inner" dream. Has anyone ever had this experience? I find it extremely interesting because when I wake in my original dream I am fully aware of the fact I just had a dream even though I am still dreaming, but thinking my original dream is in fact my awake state, hope I am not confusing things here?

Anyway comments or suggestions would be welcome as I have not yet grasped why I am having this occur.

Thanks...

Nikola Tesla...

"...If you want to find the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration..."

#2 2024-01-23 09:54:57

akos996

Re: DOUBLE dreamig? What's that about?

Ok so here is my rambling on the topic

Yes it happened to me, but it's super rare for me (or at least I don't remember haha).There was an occasion when I was dreaming and things happened, then woke up in my bed because things tried to turn negative, everything seemed normal but then I saw an entity trying to enter from my window I assumed it was the same negative force trying to affect me on an "other level of dreaming" as it couldn't do it below. It is so weird to say I was releived to see that ugly monster because I knew my perception filters wouldn't let me see that in reality so I was sure it's just a dream. In that feeling of distress I woke up again but now for real. For me these double dreams are seemingly connected to some negative things that would wake me up but it looks like some astral defense mechanism. This is because waking me up in real life from a bad dream is detrimental to me. In this way I wake up but still stay asleep, like pulling the plug in the movie Matrix, I imagine it as onion layers of protection, a level of abstraction as it was layers of a shield to not affect me.

But funnily enough I am saying "it wouldn't affect me that much this way" but still all reality is a mirror of what goes on in the astral, in the dreams so not sure if this makes any sense...

That's just my way of thinking of it but it's just a big guess. Probably it has many other reasons to happen or ways to look at. It is also likely you looked at a day of your life in another time/place or a previous life which included going to sleep. You shared a dream with that other person who is you. If it is first person perspective it was you in a close incarnation to this life, a memory. But in the astral it's pretty hard to tell when or where or who you are. The boundaries melt so much you can be anyone or anything weird can happen. I had my fair share of weird things I regretted when I woke up even though it felt out of my control.

I mean it's funny how marriages can have bad days when people tell their spouse they dreamt of cheating with someone or dreamt that their spouse did something bad then they feel angry at them for doing it in a dream. They scold him/her for something they didn't do.

So next time you see someone in your dream think if it in a way that the other person is also you in another life having a dream in that perspective.
In fact life itself is this way also.

Last edited by akos996 (2024-01-23 11:10:01)

#3 2024-01-23 11:43:14

Marak60

akos996 wrote:

Ok so here is my rambling on the topic

Yes it happened to me, but it's super rare for me (or at least I don't remember haha).There was an occasion when I was dreaming and things happened, then woke up in my bed because things tried to turn negative, everything seemed normal but then I saw an entity trying to enter from my window I assumed it was the same negative force trying to affect me on an "other level of dreaming" as it couldn't do it below. It is so weird to say I was releived to see that ugly monster because I knew my perception filters wouldn't let me see that in reality so I was sure it's just a dream. In that feeling of distress I woke up again but now for real. For me these double dreams are seemingly connected to some negative things that would wake me up but it looks like some astral defense mechanism. This is because waking me up in real life from a bad dream is detrimental to me. In this way I wake up but still stay asleep, like pulling the plug in the movie Matrix, I imagine it as onion layers of protection, a level of abstraction as it was layers of a shield to not affect me.......snip....

Luckily for me I don't remember these events as being negative, in fact the opposite.  This time I was re-counting the dream (double dream) to a character in the original dream. What has changed recently is I have become more animated, I never used to talk in my sleep or move around, now I am doing this all the time and even hitting my wife!!! Not intentionally, but my movements are casing her to wake up as I push her and our cat or hit her with my arm. Last night I apparently punched her shoulder twice, I feel so bad about this!   

As for seeing "monsters" I have had this also, but it usually happens as I wake up, for example I will open my eyes and clearly see "something" a dark figure and or creature and it is quite disconcerting. However, what I do now it try to talk to it without fear, the last one I did this to ran at top speed out of the room and I was calling for it to come back, it did not reply but it was most definitely afraid of me.

One time I had a long experience... I was asleep and I felt someone pushing my chest trying to wake me up, as I opened my eyes I saw a creature about 11 feet tall with basketball shaped head long arms and legs and three fingers. I was completely paralyzed (almost). The creature was standing next to the bed on my wife's side (about 2 feet away from me) my wife was sound asleep and not moving.  I said out loud "Hello what do you want?" I then tried to reach out my arm to touch it and said "You are welcome here", it was extremely difficult to move, so much so I started to shake.  As I lifted my arm the creature took hold of it and I could feel it's hand on my arm.  Then I heard (in my own voice) do not be afraid. After this it just vanished, and I was still wide awake and not dreaming. I lay there for a while trying to make sense of it all and then went back to sleep. It was quite an experience.

Nikola Tesla...

"...If you want to find the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration..."

#4 2024-01-28 06:35:55

Yankee

Yes, I do that too, and talking to someone about the dream (call it a "nested dream"?) while still dreaming. We all get disoriented from sleep, as evidenced by our behavior when abruptly awakened. Among other differences, our physical body's sleeping position contrasts our astral activity, being in two places at once. We know that we get closer to waking at the end of sleep cycles. That brief shift in consciousness in sleep cycles might lead to another false awakening.

Also I wouldn't discount some sort of true nested consciousness going on, or basically being in three places (or more?) at once. One author did the "double roll out method" of entering the astral, which if I remember right was to have a freer or more expanded consciousness rather than walking around, which your nested dreaming reminds me of a little bit. I was doing that somewhat too, but for me it was because I kept getting confused as to whether I had left my body or not.

I went into the astral to pace hallways of a huge empty house (because pacing helps me) to concentrate on contacting a deceased friend. After a while I lost the frequency or something and got a bad dude, but the point is, I believe you can use a particular level or density in order to more easily expand yourself into another.

Board footer