You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-18 12:39:11

Ariya

Use of the word 'Extraterrestrial' instead of 'Alien'

**Note I split this discussion thread as not to derail from akos' original thread https://forum.swaruu.org/viewtopic.php?id=4651 **

Dear all,

The taygetans themselves have explained that they do not like the term ‘alien’ being used. It has a derogatory connotation and their preference is to be called ‘extraterrestrials.’

We should take their lead and apply this principle to all stellar races that we refer to.

This forum is a place for the friends and allies of the Taygetans and Swaruunians. I am asking you all to respect their wishes. 
If you cannot refer to the name of the stellar race directly, please use the term ‘extraterrestrials’ - not the word ‘alien’

Thank you to all. :)

Last edited by Ariya (2024-02-20 14:18:05)

#2 2024-02-18 14:19:16

oceanisclear

Re: Use of the word 'Extraterrestrial' instead of 'Alien'

Ariya wrote:

Dear all,

The taygetans themselves have explained that they do not like the term ‘alien’ being used. It has a derogatory connotation and their preference is to be called ‘extraterrestrials.’

We should take their lead and apply this principle to all stellar races that we refer to.

This forum is a place for the friends and allies of the Taygetans and Swaruunians. I am asking you all to respect their wishes. 
If you cannot refer to the name of the stellar race directly, please use the term ‘extraterrestrials’ - not the word ‘alien’

Thank you to all. smile

I quit this forum but came back one last time to reply to this comment of yours because you are a moderator. Also I had to clarify why I was using the term alien. 

Actually I did not know that the Taygetans or Swarus don't like being called aliens. So when I had used the term aliens in my comments and posts on this forum, I was unaware of that.

I apologise if I hurt them.

But I would like to inform you and all others in this forum in advance that I will continue to refer to Taygetans and Swaruus as aliens, outside of this forum i.e. on other social media platforms. Because ordinary humans like me consider these beings as aliens. This is something which I cannot stop from doing on other social media. And if the Taygetans and swaruus hate me for doing this they are welcome to do so. But I won't hate them.

#3 2024-02-18 15:33:16

Ariya

oceanisclear wrote:
Ariya wrote:

Dear all,

Thank you to all. smile

I quit this forum but came back one last time to reply to this comment of yours because you are a moderator. Also I had to clarify why I was using the term alien. 

Actually I did not know that the Taygetans or Swarus don't like being called aliens. So when I had used the term aliens in my comments and posts on this forum, I was unaware of that.

I apologise if I hurt them.

But I would like to inform you and all others in this forum in advance that I will continue to refer to Taygetans and Swaruus as aliens, outside of this forum i.e. on other social media platforms. Because ordinary humans like me consider these beings as aliens. This is something which I cannot stop from doing on other social media. And if the Taygetans and swaruus hate me for doing this they are welcome to do so. But I won't hate them.

oceanisclear,
I value your contribution to this forum. If you want to stay or return here at any point please feel free to do so.

As humans on Earth, we are entering a period where communication and cooperation with extraterrestrials is  becoming more common. This is new ground for all of us. We are all still learning how to interact. There are cultural differences on both sides that are still being explored.

I also think that the Taygetans will understand that we are still learning. So don’t be too hard on yourself.

The intention of my post was to draw to everyone’s attention that the Taygetans prefer the term ‘extraterrestrial’ rather than ‘alien.’

The Taygetans are just more people - like us, but unlike us, they do not originate on Earth. This is the meaning of word ‘extraterrestrial’  - rather than ‘alien’ which means ‘unfamiliar entity’ and has negative connotations in the English language.

It’s just something we are all learning about together.

Best wishes.

#4 2024-02-19 17:18:09

Horton HaW

Ariya wrote:

Dear all,

Thank you to all. smile

I would agree. There are other definitions, but they focus on differences not similarities. It does mostly appear derogatory. Do you engage with someone you think of as foreign, opposing or dissimilar?

Definition.
alien

Dissimilar, inconsistent, or opposed, as in nature

A person's a person, no matter how small.

Verum vident finem noctis - See the truth will end the night. ~Yazhi Swaruu

#5 2024-02-20 14:23:26

Ariya

I thought it was interesting to note Yahzi discussing the use of the two words here:

Galactic Federation, CIA Control of UFO Communities, Fake Alien Invasion - Yazhi and Swaruu
https://swaruu.org/transcripts/galactic … and-swaruu

Important wording concepts I need you to take into account and that I have not explained before. Words:

Alien → → Negative regressive non-human entity, that “alienates” humans, sets them off their spiritual path.

Extraterrestrial → → Positive progressive friendly non-human being that is wanting to enlighten and help humans move forwards and be well.

#6 2024-02-20 15:47:19

MayTag

Ariya wrote:

**Note I split this discussion thread as not to derail from akos' original thread https://forum.swaruu.org/viewtopic.php?id=4651 **

Dear all,

Thank you to all. smile

I am active on a subreddit called r/experiencers

(Here is a recent post I made https://www.reddit.com/r/Experiencers/s/rGAQrgXIxt) If you're interested in knowing me a bit better check it out! And I help moderate another called r/gettoknowtheothers (I made a pinned post about the difference between ET and a real NHI. I included a link to Mari's video about "What is an ET to you?"

In both places I tend to get a little bit wordy whenever I see the term NHI being bandied about. It irritates me that it is such an obvious "Us vs. Them" narrative being pushed and I will go on at length but so often no one wants to hear it.

"The self-confidence of the warrior is not like the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of others and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eys and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity." - Don Juan Matus

#7 2024-02-20 19:15:33

Alec

Yes, this holds significant importance, particularly when conversations involve ETs discussing other ETs, and ongoing discussions about treaties and partnerships involving ETs, Humans, and ETs. This is a topic often overlooked by the majority of people.

#8 2024-02-20 19:53:35

Ariya

Alec wrote:

Yes, this holds significant importance, particularly when conversations involve ETs discussing other ETs, and ongoing discussions about treaties and partnerships involving ETs, Humans, and ETs. This is a topic often overlooked by the majority of people.

Thank you Alec, this is very interesting.

MayTag wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Experiencers/s/rGAQrgXIxt) If you're interested in knowing me a bit better check it out! And I help moderate another called r/gettoknowtheothers (I made a pinned post about the difference between ET and a real NHI. I included a link to Mari's video about "What is an ET to you?"

MayTag,

I couldn’t find the post on the link above but I think I found the pinned post on r/gettoknowtheothers here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gettoknowtheot … t/kjxaied/

Thank you for starting the conversation & sharing and spreading the word about Mari’s channel.

#9 2024-02-20 20:28:02

mes333

Very interesting what you have all shared here and I can imagine the word "alien" not being very famous among any outsiders of the Earth's Atmosphere. Esspecially since we use it also for other things such as even people migrating between countries. I found that out the hard way at the Toronto pearson airport when I walked into a restricted US area by accident, apparently just for US customs and my wife had my passport at the time opps. That was interesting being in my own country but an alien within it as they called me. I try not to get bored and go exploring in the airport while waiting for my plane anymore smile

Anyways this all got me curious about the origins of the word "Human". Made me wonder how our society picks these terms and even looking into what it's origins maybe from?

The article below was kind of interesting but didn't mention what I once heard which was "hu" comes from the word "hue" meaning the property of colors by which they can be perceived as ranging from red through yellow, green, and blue, as determined by the dominant wavelength of the light.

This got me thinking about how our bodies have auras which encompass them and the meaning of hue seems to click well and then adding the physical form of man/woman together with it.

https://symbolgenie.com/origin-of-the-word-human/

Just some quotes I found interesting from the article...

"Understanding the cultural significance of the word “human” allows us to appreciate the rich tapestry of human experience and fosters a deeper sense of interconnectedness and compassion. It reminds us of our shared responsibility to create a more inclusive, just, and harmonious world for all humans."

"The etymology of the word “human” is a fascinating journey that reveals the origins and evolution of this important term. It is derived from the Latin word “humanus” which means “of or belonging to man”. The word has evolved and adapted across different languages, reflecting the cultural significance of the concept of “human” in various societies."

Last edited by mes333 (2024-02-20 20:42:36)

You have to be where you are to get where you need to go. – Amy Poehler

#10 2024-02-21 01:51:27

MayTag

@ariya hey, sorry about that bunk link, I type mostly on my phone so things end up borked now and then. Here is a proper link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Experiencers/s/KSoT5LHfM2

If you are at all unsure of exactly, specifically what I'm talking about there, please feel free to DM me on reddit and I will talk in detail. What happened is too special for me to divulge publicly. Even here. Maybe especially here lol.

That said, no problem. I will share what I can
wherever I think it appropriate and helpful. What is a little funny to me is the guy who says "As a content creator, he finds Mari's AI generated videos to be the cancer of content creation." And that "They make you think you're learning something deep and spiritual, while misleading you." Then he asked me not to share them.

Last edited by MayTag (2024-02-21 01:52:09)

"The self-confidence of the warrior is not like the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of others and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eys and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity." - Don Juan Matus

#11 2024-02-21 01:55:43

MayTag

One other analogy that I like to make that I find poignant is telling people that calling ETs "alien" or "NHI" is identical to white slave owners thinking of black slaves as non-human. That one tends to get folks riled...or make them think.

Board footer