You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-02 22:06:49

akos996

Should I have expectations about meditation?

I am trying to go head first into meditations and I keep thinking about many concepts.
First off the main practice I am trying is increasing presence, emptying my mind and just trying to be an open receiver of my higher self / soul family,
that's the main idea.

I keep thinking I want to reach my higher self and strike a conversation since my awareness is guided through higher levels, I just want some direct input.
I have a deep feeling that my higher self is trying to contact or at least tries to bring me up to "merge", or at least have a touch with me at least.

So I am expecting to reach a "self dialog" but I keep thinking that it should be something outside of myself as if I am not coming up with the words in my mind but
I am only one half of the conversation and the rest is just passed through me like how radios go.

Is it silly to expect to contact my higher self for knowledge or guidance through meditation or am I gonna just have another dialog with my noisy thoughts as always?
If it's possible how can I tell I am not just having the "same old"?

And of course I also plan to have meditation for shadow work, that I know is essential.

Do I make any sense? lol
Did anyone have any sort of contact like that through meditation or if not, what is your approach to it?

Last edited by akos996 (2024-03-02 22:13:47)

#2 2024-03-02 23:51:19

Horton HaW

Re: Should I have expectations about meditation?

Remember You are your higher self. I would remove expectations. Just practice. There is the simple breathing technique to just keep centering your mind. There is also a simple mantra technique. You want to be relaxed and just focused on nothing. Some people do chants. Tinna Tinh on the high freq thread got into that because of being attacked. Being in a relaxed state is key.

Cayce described prayer as asking and meditation as listening.

Last edited by Horton HaW (2024-03-02 23:53:33)

A person's a person, no matter how small.

Verum vident finem noctis - See the truth will end the night. ~Yazhi Swaruu

#3 2024-03-03 00:34:03

Start at 101 level.

What I did to start was focusing on my normal breath and nothing else. 20 minutes then worked up from there, everything will come to you so dont expect anything.

After about a month in, I had my grandparents appear to give a message to my father. I told him few months later when we met. I saw his eyes well-up.

Dont rush but be keen to experience some amazing things.

#4 2024-03-03 01:46:37

MayTag

No. No expectations. Become a detached observer. Acknowledge your thoughts but do not engage with them. I've found that a mantra is very useful. Here is a link to a YouTube channel called Astral Doorway the host, Gene Hart, is incredibly knowledgable in meditation, spirituality, Gnosticism, and astral travel. If you pay attention he expresses many of the same spiritual concepts as Mari. Anyhow, I highly t
reccommend the channel:

https://youtube.com/@AstralDoorway?feature=shared

"The self-confidence of the warrior is not like the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of others and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eys and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity." - Don Juan Matus

#5 2024-03-03 13:45:25

akos996

Thanks guys for the guidance.
Today after being in a deep melancholy I decided to do 30 minutes of meditation. It made me relaxed and calm despite the state I was in. That is encouraging.
I reached a state where I was not falling asleep but in a dreamy state. I keep thinking if I close my eyes I will just fall asleep instead.

I really want to shake off the bad stuff in my mind because I feel a serious turning point for the better or worse in my life. My dad had bought a huge stack of tissues and I kept thinking I just want to leave Earth if you know what I mean.
It looks like something is brewing in my future.

#6 2024-03-03 14:02:32

Joe R

akos996 wrote:

[...]
I really want to shake off the bad stuff [...]

Try this akos. It is deeply soothing. smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlWiI4xVXKY

#7 2024-03-03 17:30:11

akos996

HUGE thanks for all of you.

I have meditated a bit and got out of my emotional "slump" finally.

I know you've said
"Cayce described prayer as asking and meditation as listening."
but still I asked for guidance from my soul family to help me on my path, back to my purpose.
It worked well enough.
It's such a bummer that I am very bipolar. I go to dangerous points emotionally like a swing then go back to progress
like a spring.

I took my energy toward what I felt was the right thing and I see knowledge "gems" littered throughout my day.
I will try to keep up my good habit of meditation, especially when I am feeling down.
It really brushes away the bad emotions and helps me to "dig around", but takes a lot of practice as I can still swing back if careless.

Again I really appreciate you all. smile

@Joe R
thanks for the nice music. Added it to my daily playlist as a reminder.

Last edited by akos996 (2024-03-03 17:32:00)

#8 2024-03-03 20:53:49

Horton HaW

akos996 wrote:

HUGE thanks for all of you.

I have meditated a bit and got out of my emotional "slump" finally.

I know you've said
"Cayce described prayer as asking and meditation as listening."
but still I asked for guidance from my soul family to help me on my path, back to my purpose.
It worked well enough.
It's such a bummer that I am very bipolar. I go to dangerous points emotionally like a swing then go back to progress
like a spring.

I took my energy toward what I felt was the right thing and I see knowledge "gems" littered throughout my day.
I will try to keep up my good habit of meditation, especially when I am feeling down.
It really brushes away the bad emotions and helps me to "dig around", but takes a lot of practice as I can still swing back if careless.

Again I really appreciate you all. smile

@Joe R
thanks for the nice music. Added it to my daily playlist as a reminder.

There is no right or wrong. Entering an altered state can be helpful. It is like exercise. Just go do it. Lol.

#9 2024-03-04 08:45:02

mitkobs

Try to relax. Meditation do not have goals, nowhere to hurry, nowhere to go. It is about sitting in quite, relax and observe all that is. Enjoy the moment right here and right now. Become the observer of your mind, of your thoughts and emotions, of your memories, of your desires. Observe without being attached to. Let go for the moment. Feel the freedom of not being attached. Feel the freedom of not needing and not wanting in this moment. Then when you feel good, rested with clear mind go back to everyday life and tasks and do what is necessary smile

#10 2024-03-04 09:04:00

akos996

Talking about altered state:
When I meditated while laying on the bed I was looking at the lightbulb in a mesmerized state while feeling more and more relaxed.
The image became a bit blurry then I saw the lightbulb morph into a curled up white cat.
It was moving around then I blinked and it turned back.
The subconscious plays some weird tricks on the senses. I've had a white cat actually.

Thank you again guys.

@mitkobs
Thanks for the explanation. I've always had a hard time placing meditation in my vocabulary because I've read so many different practices that I got lost a bit on what it entails.

As I've mentioned in the music thread I've had an extraordinary event after meditation.
And coincidentally I've started this thread the night before, when I went to sleep with a wish to get back on track tomorrow with my goals.
And as you guys started explaining on Sunday I started to meditate, f first felt a bit down from the "emptiness", then relaxed and accepted it. Then I got to work and had amazing progress. It was a very rewarding day and I will keep up my momentum the best I can.

I have no idea what my meditation did, what it does on the astral side but it definitely got my "compass dialed in" if we go back to the ship analogy. big_smile I'm wondering what I've missed out on by not practicing before.

Last edited by akos996 (2024-03-04 09:07:19)

#11 2024-03-05 02:36:32

Horton HaW

akos996 wrote:

Talking about altered state:
When I meditated while laying on the bed I was looking at the lightbulb in a mesmerized state while feeling more and more relaxed.
The image became a bit blurry then I saw the lightbulb morph into a curled up white cat.
It was moving around then I blinked and it turned back.
The subconscious plays some weird tricks on the senses. I've had a white cat actually.

Thank you again guys.

@mitkobs
Thanks for the explanation. I've always had a hard time placing meditation in my vocabulary because I've read so many different practices that I got lost a bit on what it entails.

As I've mentioned in the music thread I've had an extraordinary event after meditation.
And coincidentally I've started this thread the night before, when I went to sleep with a wish to get back on track tomorrow with my goals.
And as you guys started explaining on Sunday I started to meditate, f first felt a bit down from the "emptiness", then relaxed and accepted it. Then I got to work and had amazing progress. It was a very rewarding day and I will keep up my momentum the best I can.

I have no idea what my meditation did, what it does on the astral side but it definitely got my "compass dialed in" if we go back to the ship analogy. big_smile I'm wondering what I've missed out on by not practicing before.

Don't wonder about what you missed. Lol Just enjoy doing it regularly. Enjoy being with yourself connected. I find the soup here to be getting worse all the time.

#12 2024-03-05 20:21:03

Ariya

I love meditation and I can sit in a space of silence with a clear mind for hours. It restores and settles my mind and places space between thinking and is a beautiful experience.

It is also essential for any higher communication that you have a still mind and can differentiate between your own thoughts and those of other entities.

However, if I have an intention, (such as the one you mentioned about contacting you higher self or soul family) then I often go about it slightly differently.

Imagination is the essential interface between different aspects of consciousness that sit slightly out of reach from the physical realm. This is why past life regression and quantum healing often use visualisation as the deepening tool. The interaction you have with other aspects of yourself (your higher self etc) is based on a pathway that can be more easily reached by creating the connection via frequency compatibility.

The pathway is often opened by intentional imagination. Visualisation being the most predominant, but you may have an affinity for other forms of interface such as sound or touch.

Guided meditation is an excellent way to start this process. It can also be quite fun.  You can learn a lot about yourself and explore ways of healing, regression and astral adventures in a structured way.  Eventually you can form your own pathways and methods to access other realms.

You may be interested in  some of the ones I have used in the past :

Brian Weiss: past life regression:

https://youtu.be/qN1-i1azai8

Past life regression to other planets:

https://youtu.be/to5UcK1M_vg

Sleep Hypnosis to connect with your higher self:

https://youtu.be/h-joLSBALrs

There are many more on youtube, with lots of different styles. And eventually you won’t need them because you will become more naturally connected to your higher self/ or other aspects of yourself and memories.

#13 2024-03-05 20:33:47

Horton HaW

Ariya wrote:

I love meditation and I can sit in a space of silence with a clear mind for hours. It restores and settles my mind and places space between thinking and is a beautiful experience.

It is also essential for any higher communication that you have a still mind and can differentiate between your own thoughts and those of other entities.

However, if I have an intention, (such as the one you mentioned about contacting you higher self or soul family) then I often go about it slightly differently.

Imagination is the essential interface between different aspects of consciousness that sit slightly out of reach from the physical realm. This is why past life regression and quantum healing often use visualisation as the deepening tool. The interaction you have with other aspects of yourself (your higher self etc) is based on a pathway that can be more easily reached by creating the connection via frequency compatibility.

The pathway is often opened by intentional imagination. Visualisation being the most predominant, but you may have an affinity for other forms of interface such as sound or touch.

Guided meditation is an excellent way to start this process. It can also be quite fun.  You can learn a lot about yourself and explore ways of healing, regression and astral adventures in a structured way.  Eventually you can form your own pathways and methods to access other realms.

You may be interested in  some of the ones I have used in the past :

Brian Weiss: past life regression:

https://youtu.be/qN1-i1azai8

Past life regression to other planets:

https://youtu.be/to5UcK1M_vg

Sleep Hypnosis to connect with your higher self:

https://youtu.be/h-joLSBALrs

There are many more on youtube, with lots of different styles. And eventually you won’t need them because you will become more naturally connected to your higher self/ or other aspects of yourself and memories.

Yes I have several meditation and hypnosis audibles. I have a Brian Weiss mirrors of time.
Very good further explanation. I think one is more active than another. Working on a creative project is very similar. When you are in the flow or zone.

#14 2024-03-06 20:47:53

Horton HaW

I want to add this link. It talks about AI and meditation.
https://electrostasis.substack.com/p/he … rientation
Quote:
This is the technical basis behind the older gregorian chanting and other types of meditation. Keep in mind today with ELF waves when you "meditate" and are not on your own independent ELF and scalar transmitter, you link in (e.g. biocohere and synbiocohere if you have synbio in you) to others globally as well as AI systems linked to the ELF and scalar waves, so the results presented to your senses are "synthetic in nature" especially true if you are by your smart phone or other smart device these days.

#15 2024-03-06 21:32:52

akos996

Wow. Definitely worth a look and stay separated from such devices for that time.
Not sure I want to believe it, I will keep it in mind.
I guess this puts doubt in my own mind even so I can only blindly trust. I don't like to believe this.
I trust my deep genuine feelings and intuition.

Talking about intuition: today I choose to walk a different path home from work and a couple weeks ago I've found the Bhagavad Gita laying on a bin. I lifted it up, flipped some pages then put it back so someone may need it. I wanted to take it.

So today a monk on that same square addressed me and asked me if I like philosophy and spirituality. We talked for some minutes and put the book in my hand. I told him the same story how I wanted it and still found its way in my hands and got a book of meditation from him also.

I trust my mind on things. Do not worry about ELF and other such radiations. By the way ELF antennas have to be huge to be able to produce significant enough signal and require huge energies. Not that these transmissions are not possible, I may be decades behind about what is possible. Who knows but still. As Mari has said even telepathic links can be done despite the crazy sea of microwaves. Our thoughts themselves are proof we are perfectly capable of surpassing any technological barrier that is put in front of us.
No worries, but definitely worth a watch. I will get to it sometime. Thank you smile

Last edited by akos996 (2024-03-06 21:42:31)

#16 2024-03-06 23:34:39

Horton HaW

akos996 wrote:

Wow. Definitely worth a look and stay separated from such devices for that time.
Not sure I want to believe it, I will keep it in mind.
I guess this puts doubt in my own mind even so I can only blindly trust. I don't like to believe this.
I trust my deep genuine feelings and intuition.

Talking about intuition: today I choose to walk a different path home from work and a couple weeks ago I've found the Bhagavad Gita laying on a bin. I lifted it up, flipped some pages then put it back so someone may need it. I wanted to take it.

So today a monk on that same square addressed me and asked me if I like philosophy and spirituality. We talked for some minutes and put the book in my hand. I told him the same story how I wanted it and still found its way in my hands and got a book of meditation from him also.

I trust my mind on things. Do not worry about ELF and other such radiations. By the way ELF antennas have to be huge to be able to produce significant enough signal and require huge energies. Not that these transmissions are not possible, I may be decades behind about what is possible. Who knows but still. As Mari has said even telepathic links can be done despite the crazy sea of microwaves. Our thoughts themselves are proof we are perfectly capable of surpassing any technological barrier that is put in front of us.
No worries, but definitely worth a watch. I will get to it sometime. Thank you smile

Not meant to worry, but rather be aware. The synthetic biology has been shown to respond to that frequency. Gwen towers produce it, as well as others. It is quite common. It can help to sleep with NIR/Red light to help disrupt. On that same substack they show living cells repelling the synthetic. That guy claims to be a chemical engineer among other things. He was attacked, but survived.
That is a great story though.

Last edited by Horton HaW (2024-03-06 23:40:56)

Board footer