You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-29 10:13:01

celeno

Can we return to a previous state of consciousness?

As the title says.

If we can return to a previous point in time, can we return to being, once again, a previous state of consciousness. For example, can we return to being who we were 10 years ago, etc? And by that I also mean returning to the same time and place we were in i.e. 10 years ago.

Last edited by celeno (2024-03-29 10:26:56)

#2 2024-03-29 10:48:09

Kirion

Re: Can we return to a previous state of consciousness?

celeno wrote:

As the title says.

If we can return to a previous point in time, can we return to being, once again, a previous state of consciousness. For example, can we return to being who we were 10 years ago, etc? And by that I also mean returning to the same time and place we were in i.e. 10 years ago.

And why? After all, a unique experience has been accumulated over the past time.

#3 2024-03-29 13:45:42

celeno

Because why not, if it is a desire to do so. A being may wish to relive certain experiences or, if their is a way to communicate to your past self wisdom from the lives experience, to make different choices on that timeline.

#4 2024-03-29 17:31:14

Kirion

celeno wrote:

Because why not, if it is a desire to do so. A being may wish to relive certain experiences or, if their is a way to communicate to your past self wisdom from the lives experience, to make different choices on that timeline.

So the choice has already been made and it already _exists_. Denying it leads to a loss of experience. If there is a desire to behave differently in a similar situation, then this will be realized partly also because some experience is already present. For example, we pull our hand back, knowing how the flame burns. And, it is very important not to forget about the consequences of your choice - this also underlines the importance of the decision you once made. Regret is also the result of a choice made. But it would not exist if there were no realization of what one has to regret.
[spoiler]Так выбор уже был сделан и он уже _есть_. Отрицание его ведет к потере опыта. Если есть желание вести себя по другому в похожей ситуации, то это будет реализовано отчасти еще и потому, что некий опыт уже присутвует. Например, мы одернем руку, зная как жжется пламя. И, очень важно, не забывать о последствиях своего выбора - это также подчеркивает важность принятого когда-то решения. Сожаление тоже результат сделанного выбора. Но его бы не было будет, если не было бы реализации того, о чём приходится жалеть.[/spoiler]

#5 2024-03-29 18:19:15

celeno

I'm not really wanting to talk philosophically, as that can go forever and in circles and each has their own view on why and why not. I am wondering, as Swaruu gives detailed information about time travel, if it is physically possible to return to a previous state of consciousness, as well as time and place. Perhaps she might see this and address it in a video.

Last edited by celeno (2024-03-29 18:21:11)

Board footer