You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-06 17:41:31

Marak60

Time line/time travel questions?

Ok, I have for some time now been looking into this time line/time travel enigma (to me anyway) that has been posted by the Taygetans and I have a question I need clarified!

1: It appears to me that if you time travel/change timelines.... You can NEVER return to the the exact point and time line you are right now (or before you left) because no matter what the very fact of doing it has altered the current time line and as such will have changes, be it either small or large depending on what was done.

SO... that brings me to number 2

2: Now if this is true, then does that mean that ALL the people you now see are NOT the original ones you left behind? They would be the result of the altered time line and NOT the original person that you left?

I am having issues grasping this because if this is the case why would you EVER do it?

It reminds me of the TV series called "Sliders" which was a group of young people who discovered how to jump timelines using a hand help device they built which created a portal that when they went through took them to an alternate time line. However, what they discovered was that because there was an UNLIMITED amount of timelines it was now impossible for them to find their way home to the starting timeline. The entire series was based around this and all the differences in each time line and what happens when they found their alternate self! In the last show it seemed as if they had finally arrived back at the start point and just as the show was ending they realized it was in fact not their original timeline at all..... So it ended without them every getting back!

This seems to be exactly what is being told here? And if so why would they have a team for time travel if they never ever could really get back? And if they did it would seem it would not be the "original" team?

Am I missing something here? Thanks!

Nikola Tesla...

"...If you want to find the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration..."

#2 2024-04-06 19:51:49

Joe R

Re: Time line/time travel questions?

I think the dilemmas you describe are very real, if you are able to time-travel. smile

And when the equations have been mentioned, there seems to be some tolerance of approximation embedded into it, which makes you able to return, but I have no idea of how flexible this is.

And it is the very act of time-travel that makes the alternate timeline "real", as I understand. But in the end - with my own flawed reasoning (at times) - the only original in this is you. That is... ...the one consciousness travelling through time and space; the only true reference you have is yourself. That's the "original team".

#3 2024-04-07 01:59:39

Horton HaW

Everyone is time traveling. So you can group jump also. You are still thinking in a linear materialistic way. Think of a giant sea of consciousness. Are you the drop, moving through the wave? Are you the wave? The person you think you know as a neighbor maybe very different a year from now or 10. Think of who you were 5 years ago.

A person's a person, no matter how small.

Verum vident finem noctis - See the truth will end the night. ~Yazhi Swaruu

#4 2024-04-07 08:16:04

Marak60

I do understand the comments here, however, what I was trying to find out really is lets say I am happy with this time line and decide to go back and visit the bronze age for example to see what some event in history was like, then after seeing it I want to come back to exactly were I left off. However.... when I arrive back I notice small (or even big) differences! I have effectively "lost" what I have? 

But I do understand we jump all the time and we/I am the only true time line, but I was thinking about a deliberate and mission based jump and how that seems (according to what was told here) to never truly bring you back to the point you left in exactly the same state!

SO.... would it not be better to do the VR time travel? As outlined in one of the previous casts? From what I can tell you can't tell the difference and it keeps you were you want to be and at the same time safe!

BUT.... does actual time travel have to happen to make the VR program, or does it just extrapolate from known information?

Anyway, (I may be wrong) but does the fact that you can't get back mean that time travel can't "really" be done?   Thanks!

Nikola Tesla...

"...If you want to find the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration..."

#5 2024-04-07 08:18:23

Marak60

Nikola Tesla...

#6 2024-04-07 13:44:19

Kirion

Marak60 wrote:

It appears to me that if you time travel/change timelines.... You can NEVER return to the the exact point and time line you are right now (or before you left) because ...

• I can go back to the past moment using my memory. Another thing is that this return will not cancel the choice made.

• I cannot return to this moment existentially, because the choice has already been made at this very moment.

[spoiler]

• Я могу вернуться к прожитому моменту используя свою память. Другое дело, что это возвращение не отменит сделанного выбора.

• Я не могу вернуться к этому моменту бытийно, потому что выбор уже был сделан именно в этот момент.

[/spoiler]

Now if this is true, then does that mean that ALL the people you now see are NOT the original ones you left behind? They would be the result of the altered time line and NOT the original person that you left?

They were, are and will be the result of a personal choice that occurred in a certain timeline. This is not the result of a timeline. This is the result of a choice that occurred in the timeline.
[spoiler]Они были, есть и будут результатом личного выбора, происшедшего в определенной временной шкале. Это не результат временной шкалы. Это результат выбора, происшедшего во временной шкале.[/spoiler]

I am having issues grasping this because if this is the case why would you EVER do it?

We make choices not for any rational reason, but because we choose who to be. The root cause is the possibility of choice. If the rational reason influences our choice, it is only because we have allowed this influence to be realized through personal choice.
[spoiler]Выбор мы делаем не по какой-то рациональной причине, а потому что мы выбираем, кем быть. Первопричина - возможность выбора. Если рацио и влияет на наш выбор, то лишь только потому, что мы позволили этому влиянию осуществится через личный выбор.[/spoiler]

why would they have a team for time travel if they never ever could really get back?

It is necessary to separate the time line and the specific moment of time that belongs to it. If you compare the time line with the trail, then you can return to the trail. But if we left the trail at night, it does not mean that we will return to it at night. If we left in the summer, it does not mean that we will return in the summer.
[spoiler]Нужно разделять временную линию и конкретный момент времени, ей принадлежащий. Если сравнивать временную линию с тропой, то на тропу можно вернуться. Но если мы покинули тропу ночью, то это не значит, что и на нее мы вернемся ночью. Если покинули летом, то не значит что и вернемся летом.[/spoiler]

#7 2024-04-07 20:24:18

Horton HaW

Marak60 wrote:

I do understand the comments here, however, what I was trying to find out really is lets say I am happy with this time line and decide to go back and visit the bronze age for example to see what some event in history was like, then after seeing it I want to come back to exactly were I left off. However.... when I arrive back I notice small (or even big) differences! I have effectively "lost" what I have? 

But I do understand we jump all the time and we/I am the only true time line, but I was thinking about a deliberate and mission based jump and how that seems (according to what was told here) to never truly bring you back to the point you left in exactly the same state!

SO.... would it not be better to do the VR time travel? As outlined in one of the previous casts? From what I can tell you can't tell the difference and it keeps you were you want to be and at the same time safe!

BUT.... does actual time travel have to happen to make the VR program, or does it just extrapolate from known information?

Anyway, (I may be wrong) but does the fact that you can't get back mean that time travel can't "really" be done?   Thanks!

You can only keep changing. It might seem similar, but it won't be the same. You are always traveling, but there are so many variables happening dynamically that it can only be a unique experience. Take a picture of the ocean wave fairly close. Is it ever exactly the same?

The only benefit would be for the individual or possibly group experience.

Last edited by Horton HaW (2024-04-07 20:25:14)

#8 2024-04-09 02:51:50

Horton HaW

All the agreements have structured themselves. They have different interpretations based on perceptions. So one could argue the VR was safe because of those larger idea structures and the groups perception. It really is about attitudes. If you don't forget who you really are you will look at things very differently.

Board footer