You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-25 16:03:25

Genoveva

What's the appropriate response to criminals encroaching on your home?

#2 2023-03-25 17:02:19

arkangel

Re: What's the appropriate response to criminals encroaching on your home?

Call the police and get safe

#3 2023-03-25 18:41:07

StarDeity
Banned

Self defense if you are able to, if not then hide and call the "authorities"...

Your life and safety goes first.

#4 2023-03-25 20:25:12

Lyran

Let them know you are not to be messed with - scare the living daylights out of them.

Last edited by Lyran (2023-03-25 20:26:12)

#5 2023-03-26 11:28:29

Lyran

StarDeity wrote:

Star I gotta say, sorry I do not agree with your final posit.

Safety and life are secondary to many things and rightly so. Please take no offence your stance troubles me Sweetheart ❤️

Do not be fearful of anything Star - not criminals or anything else.

Fear means it's time to take charge of a situation not shy from it.

Nothing will stand in front of you if you are loud and bold.

Get a sword and put it on your mantle - a message and a reminder.

Hiding from danger is NEVER the answer and not what we are about in this Family.

Death has no Teeth, remember, it's about the experience.

How do you want to remember this life?

Would you be happy to die old, alone in a nursing home after having run and hid from criminals your whole life? (as just an example)

Such moments are opportunities for courage and if they come your way you must face them without fear in your heart. To feel the beauty that accompanies such bravery. It is a remarkable thing even while alive.

There is no death so regrets can prove more harmful than bruises, cuts or ever else....

#6 2023-03-26 15:40:44

Genoveva

I wish people would see that the demented cult is encroaching on their homes and that they realised that the appropriate response is along the lines of what you described, Lyran.

Za'el is right! We did not come here to experience being doormats, we came here to experience the overthrowing of the cheeky cult criminals by none other than ourselves.

#7 2023-03-26 18:31:03

All responses need to be based upon the nature of the threat.  If they are non violent usually getting them arrested for criminal tresspass.  If they are violent you have to respond appropriately, not necessarily in kind.  In all cases you must present yourself as one who will not take things sitting down.  Most bullies will back down and cower if you show that you will give a fight they may not live through.  But the response needs to be appropriate to the circumstance.  And remember do not do anything that would violate your insurance coverage or the legal system.

Cosplayer and prop/costume maker.  Taking cutting edge tech and making science fiction into real life with mostly movie accurate builds.

#8 2023-03-26 19:15:28

StarDeity
Banned

Hunny you're making an assumption here. smile

I was being sarcastic with what I said.

Why I said it? Because some people in "Spirirual" commumities" believe that if someone attacks them, they should let it happen because they think it's wrong to harm the attacker or w/e... These people who don't take action are the ones who live in fear, imo.
I don't live like that, and I would certainly take action, if I am able to...

Another thing I said was "if you are able to" since some might not have a skill or something to defend themselves with.
Do you even analyze a situation like that?

Imagine if it happened to a child, what could a defenseless child do...

Running away is also form of hiding, but away from danger.

Lyran wrote:
StarDeity wrote:

Star I gotta say, sorry I do not agree with your final posit.

Safety and life are secondary to many things and rightly so. Please take no offence your stance troubles me Sweetheart ❤️

Do not be fearful of anything Star - not criminals or anything else.

Fear means it's time to take charge of a situation not shy from it.

Nothing will stand in front of you if you are loud and bold.

Get a sword and put it on your mantle - a message and a reminder.

Hiding from danger is NEVER the answer and not what we are about in this Family.

Death has no Teeth, remember, it's about the experience.

How do you want to remember this life?

Would you be happy to die old, alone in a nursing home after having run and hid from criminals your whole life? (as just an example)

Such moments are opportunities for courage and if they come your way you must face them without fear in your heart. To feel the beauty that accompanies such bravery. It is a remarkable thing even while alive.

There is no death so regrets can prove more harmful than bruises, cuts or ever else....

Last edited by StarDeity (2023-03-26 19:16:50)

#9 2023-03-26 19:27:03

mitkobs

Also depends in what country you live and what is the legal ground there. If you live where I live criminals practically have more rights when things come to the legal system. You do not have the right to own a gun and you do not have the right to defend yourself with weapon because if you happen to injure the attacker seriously he can file a case against you in court no matter that you've done it for your defense. Have to be very skillful in defense not to injure too much the attacker or you also will go to jail. Absurd but that's the way it is.

Last edited by mitkobs (2023-03-26 19:28:17)

#10 2023-03-26 19:47:47

StarDeity
Banned

Exactly. Another importanr consideration some don't take..

It's easy to speak from a point of view where one has freedoms to defend themselves innit! smile

mitkobs wrote:

Also depends in what country you live and what is the legal ground there. If you live where I live criminals practically have more rights when things come to the legal system. You do not have the right to own a gun and you do not have the right to defend yourself with weapon because if you happen to injure the attacker seriously he can file a case against you in court no matter that you've done it for your defense. Have to be very skillful in defense not to injure too much the attacker or you also will go to jail. Absurd but that's the way it is.

#11 2023-03-26 20:14:00

Rocketmidget

Genoveva wrote:

What is the point of this thread?

A shotgun.

#12 2023-03-27 07:21:55

arkangel

mitkobs wrote:

Yep

Board footer