You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-01 10:24:51

ro2778

Finish UFO conference 1st-3rd September 2023 thread

Thought I'd go, might be fun!

My itinerary is flying to Helsinki on 1st Friday, arriving late ~21:00, and my family and I will stay somewhere in / near Helsinki.

On Saturday, I'll drive up to the conference and attend that day, plus stay that night at the hotel. My family are staying in Helsinki so if anyone is heading in that direction and wants to car share / give me a lift, then let me know. I'll be returning on Sunday after breakfast to meet up with my family again, stay the day before flying out early evening.

Mostly going for Gosia's presentation as I'm guessing most of it will be in Finish, but if there are other English presentations I will probably see what people have to say.

In general, if other people are coming, especially via Helsinki and want to car share let me know. Or if other people from this community will be in Helsinki on Sunday, could possibly hang out, although my kids are young (1 and 3) so you may not want to do what we end up doing!

#2 2023-06-01 11:31:49

Re: Finish UFO conference 1st-3rd September 2023 thread

I consider joining, but can anyone give me an estimate what is the price of whole thing?

3 days of conference, 3 days of hotel, food and bus in Helsinki?

Can you please give me a clue Ro, what would be the cost if you went alone? Rounded up and approximately?

Reiki practitioner

Resident of Latvia

#3 2023-06-01 12:17:57

ro2778

I’m only going on Saturday (50 euros) as that includes Gosia’s presentation and staying Saturday night at the venue, which including Saturday lunch and dinner, plus Sunday breakfast and lunch is 116 euros.

So far the cost of travelling is unknown, cheaper if I can get a lift or car share. Hadn’t considered a bus, good idea! It’s 1hr 20min drive from Helsinki so not sure if there are busses, could ask the hotel.

And then extra costs for me are flights to the U.K. for my family, plus accommodation for them in Helsinki on Friday and Saturday, plus meals and activities. But that wouldn’t apply to someone going alone. I was originally going alone but then my wife thought it would be fun to take the kids to Helsinki so it’s a short break to see a new place for us as well.

#4 2023-06-02 02:34:36

mewgow

ro2778 wrote:

I’m only going on Saturday (50 euros) as that includes Gosia’s presentation and staying Saturday night at the venue, which including Saturday lunch and dinner, plus Sunday breakfast and lunch is 116 euros.

So far the cost of travelling is unknown, cheaper if I can get a lift or car share. Hadn’t considered a bus, good idea! It’s 1hr 20min drive from Helsinki so not sure if there are busses, could ask the hotel.

And then extra costs for me are flights to the U.K. for my family, plus accommodation for them in Helsinki on Friday and Saturday, plus meals and activities. But that wouldn’t apply to someone going alone. I was originally going alone but then my wife thought it would be fun to take the kids to Helsinki so it’s a short break to see a new place for us as well.

I want to go from the UK! I still don't know how to book it but maybe we can lift share or something I mainly need to understand how to get there and book everything. I'm pretty useless at those things so I'll probably end up winging it. So is it best to get a flight to Helsinki?

#5 2023-06-02 07:34:30

ro2778

The organisers website is: https://www-fufora-fi.translate.goog/?_ … r_pto=wapp

They have a page with the hotel hosting the conference to book accommodation and meals: https://www-lyyti-fi.translate.goog/reg … r_pto=wapp

As for flights, then make sure you have an in date passport. Then there are many websites to search for flights, I used skyscanner. The price of flights changes quite a lot and these websites learn quickly that you are searching, so a better way to use them is in some way they can't track you e.g., VPN, Tor or incognito modes. This enables you to get better prices potentially. I think Helsinki is the way to go, but I haven't checked if there are other options.

You can get a train from Helsinki to the nearer city Hämeenlinna using the Finnish train website: www.vr.fi but I don't know a way to get from there to the resort yet, so I might hire a care in Helsinki or Hämeenlinna.

#6 2023-06-02 08:39:35

ro2778

Gosia do you know if there is a group chat on Telegram etc. for people to organise transport?

#7 2023-06-02 12:14:35

Gosia
Administrator

No, I don´t know anything about the group in Telegram, but you are welcome to open one and manage it and I will share it for you. I will also invite the event organizer there if he has Telegram. He is a great guy and speaks perfect English. smile

ro2778 wrote:

Gosia do you know if there is a group chat on Telegram etc. for people to organise transport?

Board footer