You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-30 02:10:02

Lost_Soul

Youtube retrospectively marking videos as unwatched

Hi All,  My apologies if this subject has been raised previously or should be within an existing thread, (the majority of my spare time is taken up watching Gosia's videos so I haven't explored the forum much as yet), but has anyone else had their Youtube watched history messed with?

Checking today I found that the first 30 or so of Cosmic Agency's videos are no longer showing as watched, and not only that but my likes have been removed too.  I only watch Youtube on my Samsung Smart TV app. and over the last few months it's happened on a number of channels that aren't 'establishment friendly' for want of a better term.

Am I alone in this? I've heard rumors of people being unsubscribed from channels, but is suppressing view & like numbers  a new wrinkle?

As far as the Cosmic Agency video content is concerned, I can't speak highly enough. 

Many thanks to Swaruu, Gosia, Robert and everyone involved, for finally giving us some genuine information and answers. 

Please keep it up.

#2 2021-01-30 02:22:06

Happy

Re: Youtube retrospectively marking videos as unwatched

Lost_Soul wrote:

Am I alone in this? I've heard rumors of people being unsubscribed from channels, but is suppressing view & like numbers  a new wrinkle?

Hi there! smile  It's called "shadow-banning." They are really fond of messing with the viewer-statistics, and the subscriptions. It's been going on for some years on the entire YT-platform, particularly the last 4. And it's particularly the channels that are considered outside of the "legacy media's" narrative that are exposed to this malpractice.

I don't know if there's much to do about it, other than to adapt in organizing your own viewer-statistics somehow. smile

Discuss the message, not the messenger.

#3 2021-01-30 08:48:17

Robert369

Re: Youtube retrospectively marking videos as unwatched

Happy wrote:

I don't know if there's much to do about it, other than to adapt in organizing your own viewer-statistics somehow. smile

Exactly this. And since keeping copies of the videos on the local PC is advised anyways (in the freely downloadable 720p they are only about 40GB total), it is easy enough to store the watched ones in a subfolder "watched", by that allowing to keep track of the viewing progress without dependency on a cabal system.

Helping people to self-empower and liberate themselves, and by that ultimately the whole planet and beyond. See my profile for means to connect.

Board footer