You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-27 19:24:48

cosmic Mind

Mahasamadhi, the conscious passing away. (Ref. today's Mari's video)

" You are me, I am You,
Knowledge, Knower, Known in One!
Quiet, everlasting thrill, eternal peace ever new.
Enjoyable beyond imagining, bliss of samadhi!
Not a mental anesthetic
Or an unconscious state without intended return,
samadhi is an expansion of my conscious sphere
beyond the limits of mortal form,
to the farthest reaches of eternity,
where I, Cosmic Sea,
contemplate the little ego floating in Me ".

Paramahansa_Yogananda_Standard_Pose-e1413231429456.jpg

These verses are part of a poem entitled "Samadhi" written by yogi Paramhansa Yogananda. Born on January 5, 1893, he voluntarily decided to end his life on March 7, 1952, during an event in honor of the Indian ambassador Mr.Sen.

Thank you Mari!

"Light is information,
darkness is lack of information"

#2 2023-11-27 22:37:21

Lyran

Re: Mahasamadhi, the conscious passing away. (Ref. today's Mari's video)

cosmic Mind wrote:

" You are me, I am You,
Knowledge, Knower, Known in One!
Quiet, everlasting thrill, eternal peace ever new.
Enjoyable beyond imagining, bliss of samadhi!
Not a mental anesthetic
Or an unconscious state without intended return,
samadhi is an expansion of my conscious sphere
beyond the limits of mortal form,
to the farthest reaches of eternity,
where I, Cosmic Sea,
contemplate the little ego floating in Me ".

https://leganerd.com/wp-content/uploads … 429456.jpg

These verses are part of a poem entitled "Samadhi" written by yogi Paramhansa Yogananda. Born on January 5, 1893, he voluntarily decided to end his life on March 7, 1952, during an event in honor of the Indian ambassador Mr.Sen.

Thank you Mari!

Thank you, Cosmic mind, much appreciated.

#3 2023-11-28 01:41:22

Re: Mahasamadhi, the conscious passing away. (Ref. today's Mari's video)

One cannot come directly to maha samadhi without first passing through nirvikalpa samadhi while alive. Nirvikalpa samadhi is when the mind is immersed in the oceanic timeless silence (we are not speaking here of the kind of conceptual silence that is established from the contrast between the presence of sound or its absence, or the presence of thought or its absence: this silence still emerges from the duality or pluri-polarisation of the mind) that does not emerge from any sound or its absence or from any thought or its presence. Nor is this Silence the result of trying to drown out thoughts by some meditative exercise such as a mantra or the attempt to force oneself to "not think" by eliminating by silencing any thoughts as they arise. These methods are unproductive and generate the rebound effect (thoughts appear with more force as when we open a water dam) when the meditation is over. This Silence does not arise from any effort, and permanently because one IS Silence itself. One knows how to BE Silence without needing to think about BEING silence. This is the nature of the SOURCE a-conceptual potential Silence. This is nirvikalpa samadhi. If this SILENCE is not attained in life, here and now, maha samadhi will not occur because this is the result of nirvikalpa samadhi.

Therefore, the difference between maha samadhi and nirvikalpa samadhi is that the former is a state of consciousness that involves leaving the physical body and entering into the Absolute Reality or Source on a permanent basis, while the latter is a state of consciousness that involves the actualised and vivid realisation that one is Silence itself which entails merging with the absolute reality on a temporary basis while alive or what is usually called enlightenment.

I opened the door
and your Presence entered
like a sword,
without asking.

Board footer