You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-17 10:04:27

MayTag

Is it just me?

Or has anyone else noticed the absurdly high ammount of commercials that interrupt Mari's videos? Like anywhere from 4 to 6 in a 12 to 22 minute video. Imo, it becomes even more odd when the relatively low number of subs/views are taken into account. As an example, I watched a 12 minute Sssniperwolf video with my daughter earlier and it was only interrupted once and that channel has 34m subs or so.

Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems that YouTube would be better served by advertising more there considering the viewership numbers. At least that's how I thought ads were supposed to work. There is another factor that seems like it may be connected as well. When I tried registering for this forum, I had to try 4 different email services before I got a successful password. For reference:

@gmail.com - failed
@charter.net - failed
@proton.com - failed
@proton.me - success

Now this is just food for thought, but it seems like someone/something out is intentionally trying to cause frustration. Thoughts?

"The self-confidence of the warrior is not like the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of others and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eys and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity." - Don Juan Matus

#2 2024-01-17 10:08:46

Re: Is it just me?

Try using "Brave" browser. No ads on any platform and its free.

https://brave.com/

#3 2024-01-17 12:44:16

Marak60

wandereringsoul wrote:

Try using "Brave" browser. No ads on any platform and its free.

https://brave.com/

that looks rather good!

Nikola Tesla...

"...If you want to find the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration..."

#4 2024-01-18 02:18:13

Horton HaW

MayTag wrote:

Or has anyone else noticed the absurdly high ammount of commercials that interrupt Mari's videos? Like anywhere from 4 to 6 in a 12 to 22 minute video. Imo, it becomes even more odd when the relatively low number of subs/views are taken into account. As an example, I watched a 12 minute Sssniperwolf video with my daughter earlier and it was only interrupted once and that channel has 34m subs or so.

Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems that YouTube would be better served by advertising more there considering the viewership numbers. At least that's how I thought ads were supposed to work. There is another factor that seems like it may be connected as well. When I tried registering for this forum, I had to try 4 different email services before I got a successful password. For reference:

@gmail.com - failed
@charter.net - failed
@proton.com - failed
@proton.me - success

Now this is just food for thought, but it seems like someone/something out is intentionally trying to cause frustration. Thoughts?

They are. Multiple blockers for youtube also regardless of browser. However, I like odysee.com

A person's a person, no matter how small.

Verum vident finem noctis - See the truth will end the night. ~Yazhi Swaruu

#5 2024-01-18 07:47:54

arkangel

Horton HaW wrote:

They are. Multiple blockers for youtube also regardless of browser. However, I like odysee.com

I wish Mari would also post to odysee as well as youtube. I know this is more work but it doesnt hurt to have a place to post where you can 'say more'?

#6 2024-01-18 10:09:55

mitkobs

Not to jinx it but the brave browser currently is capable to auto skip the ads in YT. For some time was not able but is back again.

#7 2024-01-18 10:49:55

Marak60

mitkobs wrote:

Not to jinx it but the brave browser currently is capable to auto skip the ads in YT. For some time was not able but is back again.

This was the main reason I have not put the Brave browser on my system yet, I like it and and it looks great but YT has stated in its terms and conditions that if you actively BLOCK their ad's they will cancel/block your access, because they claim it is the ad's which allow them to function and unless you pay for an ad free system you will be blocked if you attempt to block them. 

I truly hate the ad's in YT and it always pops in right at the most inconvenient time and you can't skip them! But I will never pay them because I know they are part of the issue, so I am stuck with the ad's unfortunately as I just don't want the hassle of sorting out a YT account block. You might be lucky and get away with it, BUT...:)

Anyway it a tricky situation...:)

Nikola Tesla...

"...If you want to find the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration..."

#8 2024-01-18 18:59:02

mitkobs

Is not the user who blocks the ads, it is the ad blocker software implemented in the browser. YT is not permanently blocking your account(if you use ad blocker and if can detect and surpass it), it just not let you to watch the video that you are watching until you disable the blocker. In such case I pass on another browser and another blocker that still works and do not watch stupid annoying ads. That's it. And I think YT is something like cabal best mind control asset, they will not let it bankrupt no matter how expensive is to run. And I even think that GF is backing up YT somehow and they use alien tech to store so much content.

Last edited by mitkobs (2024-01-18 20:28:26)

#9 2024-01-18 20:12:46

akos996

Look I'm not here to advertise but if you have android phone and want completely ad free youtube, yt music, spotify, twitch and what not just search go to revanced.net
And they have a "community revanced manager" which is an app that is their user friendly app that you can install cracked version of youtube and many things that are filled with annoying ads.

I've been using it for years and it only gets better with every version. It actually has background playback for youtube which was of course paywalled years ago. That's so annoying. They've got everything working that is subscription only its amazing.
Last time I had issues donating through this cracked youtube app so beware it might not work. Maybe it has been fixed sinc

This is a community project made by good people to help everyone out of this advertisement hell.
Here is a driect link for their github download:
https://github.com/revancedapps/revance … 1.9.11.apk

This doesn't work on iphones sorry.
Important note: install microG (fake google services app that will not route through google to make your youtube work. It's a background service app. But basically you just open your youtube, login and it works the same then you can use the cracked youtube with more features than the real one. I suggest you look through the setting because you can customise so many thing like buttons, turn off gesture things that are annoying and so much more. smile
Cheers

Last edited by akos996 (2024-01-18 20:24:14)

#10 2024-01-18 20:34:20

mitkobs

Revanced is an account filtering server and gives premium YT app without paying anything. Also for android phones one can use AdGuard app that is filtering all possible google ads in all possible android applications installed from google store and you never see any ad while using the apps.

#11 2024-01-19 07:40:04

akos996

That looks even cooler but it's a paid subscription if I'm correct. (I mean the monthly price is like 2 dollars so it's fine) Why not both? Premium features with whole network adblocking? smile

Last edited by akos996 (2024-01-19 07:42:05)

#12 2024-01-19 08:19:08

mitkobs

If you know from where to download it is free... But if you can afford the price should support the developer because this is some outstanding software. It have a firewall that can totally block any app from using internet and that is also can be a game changer.

Last edited by mitkobs (2024-01-19 08:26:52)

#13 2024-01-19 09:15:16

MayTag

I'm not super worried about the ads. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing things lol. I watched a 2 hour interview earlier that I'm 100% sure anyone associated with the cabal doesn't care for. It was on a channel called Unifyd and I swear there was an add every 4 - 6 minutes. It was quite amusing really. It's almost like a neon sign saying "Watch this!" for anyone with eyes to see anyway.

"The self-confidence of the warrior is not like the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of others and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eys and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity." - Don Juan Matus

Board footer