You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-03 17:24:51

the5west

Cannabis questions

All, are there any videos I could be directed to regarding weed or cannabis?
I just listened to Marie’s video on alcohol. In the beginning she talked about laws against alcohol and other drugs but seems to draw a distinction regarding weed when she says something like - enforcing laws against weed is senseless. Am I hearing this wrong? Someone dear to me is having terrible problems with substance abuse of many kinds and cannabis is one of them. Thanks

#2 2024-03-03 18:33:32

Joe R

Re: Cannabis questions

Hi the5west,

I pick from long-time memories here, and may actually be wrong in this. If so, maybe others could chime in to correct. There are about forty cannabinoids in a cannabis-plant. Only a handful (4-5) of those trigger the dopamine-system of the brain and give a "high". Most of the rest - if not all, I don't really remember that - are converted into dopamine-triggers when heated. It doesn't matter how it was heated, be it a smoke or a cookie.

Maybe you've heard that cannabis is medicine. I believe it is, because there are cannabinoid-receptors found in the body. The body actually produce them itself, but I think that is in very small amounts. The brilliant thing is that they balance the functioning of the organs. Like... ...the spleen need to operate in conjunction with the liver, and not run off with a super-high metabolism. I think this is also the reason why cannabinoids are used in cancer-treatment, where the body itself discovers and get rid of the stem cells. I guess this is why Mari regards the laws against it as "senseless". But here's the kicker: Heating disables 90% of the healing properties of the herb, and convert it into the same as the 4-5 variants.

I don't use it myself, but if I did, I'd focus on putting it in shakes and add things for taste, as the raw herb doesn't taste good. And I think this info is from Bollingers' "The Truth About Cancer", if I remember correctly. Isn't there a new series coming out from them these days? It's a well spent time to watch.

#3 2024-03-03 18:42:31

akos996

Damn Joe R, amazing info. Good to learn something new.

I smoked it before for a while and developed a bit of hate towards it since it made me have paranoid episodes and generally made me become a lazy bum and took away my dreams.
Maybe my "hatred" is toward those dopaminergic chemicals, not the healthy part. I knew about the amazing effect on neurological issues like parkinsons and others, but was always sceptical about the "cure all" hype about it.
To me it always seemed senseless why this plant was better than others since there are amazing healing plants that are living in the shadow of "magic weed".
Maybe I'm still too judgemental.

#4 2024-03-03 19:37:41

the5west

Thanks for the replies. I am interested if the Taygetans and Swaruuians have posted any detailed information on this. I can’t see why weed would be different than alcohol  and other pschotropic drugs. I have had plenty of experiences with  I when young.

#5 2024-03-03 19:42:06

Joe R

the5west wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I am interested if the Taygetans and Swaruuians have posted any detailed information on this. I can’t see why weed would be different than alcohol  and other pschotropic drugs. I have had plenty of experiences with  I when young.

You mean... ... there are therapeutic effects of alcohol, which makes weed and alcohol the same? smile

#6 2024-03-03 21:05:38

Horton HaW

I see far more detriment from cannabis than benefit. Mari did a video on psychoactives. Not to do them. It was also mentioned by Swaruu iirc. There are some potentials in small quantities, but what I see is that it is highly addictive and far too strong. I have read many papers on it. I think there are better ways. MMJ most places is Up to 30% THC with almost no CBD. Many places it is higher. The dopamine mechanism is the same as any other drug. The homeostasis "benefit" I am sceptical of. They are messing with it.

Last edited by Horton HaW (2024-03-03 23:31:44)

A person's a person, no matter how small.

Verum vident finem noctis - See the truth will end the night. ~Yazhi Swaruu

#7 2024-03-03 22:42:00

akos996

As Horton HaW and Joe R has said I can say the same especially from experience.

What Joe R has explained the good part is not the psychoactive stuff, rather referring to CBD oil which is obviously not the use case for your buddy.
It's usually not good to artificially manipulate the mind with substances, except for specific cases. Psychoactives can be healing for some but as explained by the Taygetans it is super dangerous as we humans cannot control this well enough.
I'm telling you I know because I've gone the dark end of psychoactive substances and almost ruined myself because of entity attachment I got after asingle tab of LSD. It took many months to get rid of and it haunted me to almost ending it all. (harrassment and stuff)

I may be preaching to the choir but there is a reason why people say you should never go in with a bad mindset to any of this.
Sorry to go in the deep end of this with my personal story. I'm hoping some others might find this useful so they don't make mistakes. Never go into strong psychoactive substances if you know you have ongoing trauma or  unreleased problems that you hide inside.

My brother also smoked a lot of weed but he smokes way less now, almost none now for the better. Hope the best for him/her with the substance problems.
He/she needs to finds something to kill time with and take attention away from the pain. Even as simple as cat videos cure a lot of issues. Highly recommended treatment for all ailments!

So in short all people here refer to CBD as the good stuff, and burning it makes it the bad stuff. I mean not THAT bad, but still, kinda bad even for your wallet if not else.

#8 2024-03-16 21:03:20

the5west

thank you all

#9 2024-03-18 04:03:49

Tardisman

Does anyone remember the days when you could get a good laugh from Cannabis?

The last time I recall that experience was in 1979.

The Pharmaceutical’s released a strain called “Chemo” in the early eighties, and from then on, most of the pot would only turn you into a vegetable...

There are site’s that claim to have seeds for “happy strains”, but they are a Sativa which requires more time to grow.

Most growers only want to turn a profit ASAP, and who really knows what’s going into it...

It is best to “grow your own”.

https://highthere.com/learn/strains/str … -you-laugh

https://herb.co/learn/weed-strains-that-make-you-laugh

https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-pro … ghing-fits

#10 2024-03-18 14:12:41

akos996

Tardisman wrote:

Does anyone remember the days when you could get a good laugh from Cannabis?

The last time I recall that experience was in 1979.

The Pharmaceutical’s released a strain called “Chemo” in the early eighties, and from then on, most of the pot would only turn you into a vegetable...

There are site’s that claim to have seeds for “happy strains”, but they are a Sativa which requires more time to grow.

Most growers only want to turn a profit ASAP, and who really knows what’s going into it...

It is best to “grow your own”.

https://highthere.com/learn/strains/str … -you-laugh

https://herb.co/learn/weed-strains-that-make-you-laugh

https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-pro … ghing-fits

Amazing.
Probably a lot of us suspected a similar thing about cannabis. Not only they bioengineered strains with specific compositions which is already awful, nowadays these plants have been "refined" to have so much THC they pale the natural ones. These simply fry your brain and induce paranoid episodes.
And the fact that the governments took over the whole thing and flooded the market is highly suspect that they are trying to wash aways all the originals out of the market.

The bright side is that all people who culture at home will soon find their GMO plants becoming more and more natural after a couple generations.

Last edited by akos996 (2024-03-18 14:22:06)

Board footer