You are not logged in.

#26 2024-02-08 19:34:06

Joe R

Re: Why would i be afraid......?

Was the incident in August a confirmed DDOS-attack?

#27 2024-02-08 19:46:28

Alec

test

#28 2024-02-08 19:50:31

Ariya

Joe R wrote:

In my opinion, this is not a DDOS attack. At this point there are only 17 individual IP addresses on this site.
As far as I can see all pages are available including on the Swaruu.org main site.

It is most likely an error with the DNS or smtp settings. Possibly the web host's server was reset / lost connection / needs reconfiguring.

#29 2024-02-08 19:54:19

Joe R

Ariya wrote:
Joe R wrote:

In my opinion, this is not a DDOS attack. At this point there are only 17 individual IP addresses on this site.
As far as I can see all pages are available including on the Swaruu.org main site.

It is most likely an error with the DNS or smtp settings. Possibly the web host's server was reset / lost connection / needs reconfiguring.

Ok. That's good. smile  Preview works fine, but I'm still unable to submit a new thread.

#30 2024-02-08 20:00:47

Jupiter 9

Joe R wrote:

I don't know what the issue was and what Mikko did to fix it or if it was fixed on it's own. If it was the latter then that would indicate it could have been a DDoS attack. I only have a basic understanding of how a DDoS attack works, but if this is a DDoS wouldn't the whole website be having issues? Swaruu.org seems to be working just fine, and if only the forum is targeted then wouldn't the whole forum be non responsive or slow? I am able to read and use the forum just fine and my only problem is that I can't post new threads and I can't post in some thread but can in others.

And we have had an issue for more than a year, where people that use gmail don't receive a reply with their password when they register using a gmail account. And this indicates that there may be an issue with the mailer settings or DNS settings and that's why gmail may have blocked the forum emailer. But I don't know, only Mikko would know.

Last edited by Jupiter 9 (2024-02-08 20:05:35)

"If you do feel pulled in, to save, protect, others, I would suggest to examine the energy of the “guardian” instead. Not the weaponized guardian, but the guardian like an impenetrable wall energy. No consequences to who tries to trespass, just an impossibility of getting through." - Inelia

#31 2024-02-08 20:33:23

mes333

This may be helpful towards the Gmail issue with the php forum and the server settings. You could check with your network solutions...
https://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php … 00#p791815

Google support about the Gmail issue
https://support.google.com/a/answer/811 … ll-senders

Last edited by mes333 (2024-02-08 20:46:59)

You have to be where you are to get where you need to go. – Amy Poehler

#32 2024-02-08 21:11:00

Horton HaW

Ariya wrote:
Joe R wrote:

Yeah, I said the same last time.

A person's a person, no matter how small.

Verum vident finem noctis - See the truth will end the night. ~Yazhi Swaruu

Board footer